Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas, Maryland)
I have a friend headed to Hawaii who is going to do a 1/2 day goat hunt at the end of a regular type vacation. I was asked about tipping. I know what I did in Africa; I have zero idea about something like this. Any thoughts on tipping norms for a hunt like this, for the guide and for any others associated with it? Thanks in advance.

No tipping recommendations from me…I just wish I had gone hunting or skin diving (harpoon gun fishing) during my many trips there.

One non-monetary tip for your friend:
Do not get wound around the axle and enjoy the experience. Hawaiians are incredibly laid back and relaxed, more so than Californians (if that was possible). Also, bring SPF 50+ sunscreen…that tropical sun can burn on short notice.

I have a friend headed to Hawaii who is going to do a 1/2 day goat hunt at the end of a regular type vacation. I was asked about tipping. I know what I did in Africa; I have zero idea about something like this. Any thoughts on tipping norms for a hunt like this, for the guide and for any others associated with it? Thanks in advance.
I did a pig hunt in Kauai in december. I left a 10% tip & was happily thanked by the guide.

Sorry can't help on the Tipping but if he came to NZ & did a day, he would pay for gas & a Beer, give a good hand shake & that would be it on a Wild Goat hunt .

10% was my first thought, but I'd love to hear from folks who have been there/done that. The website doesn't have a thing about tipping.

A half day? I wouldn't think the tip should be too extreme. Not trying to be a jerk, but if I were to take someone hunting here for 1/2 a day, then there's one of two options. Either they go for a nature walk, or they get REALLY lucky! I would think that only one of those would get much of a tip! LOL So if a 1/2 day hunt is normal there, you have to think if they are usually successful, how long ago was it released? Might want to check for halter marks or rope burn. Surely you don't shoot it when it's still tied to the post!?
Personally, I would tip based on how much it felt like a true hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you