Hunt The Dark Continent With KMG Hunting Safaris South Africa

DSC_0911.JPG

Such a cool look animal. I bet it's a fun hunt!

Ugly and beautiful all at once! Can one hunt them in the day? Or, are they exclusively a nocturnal hunt?

Ugly and beautiful all at once! Can one hunt them in the day? Or, are they exclusively a nocturnal hunt?
They are mainly nocturnal. You have to be very lucky to encounter one during the day. It seems that one runs into them during the day more regularly during a very dry season.
The most effective way to hunt them is still over bait where we can be selective and target the boar.
There is also an option over hounds but certainly not for the faint hearted.

Join us on this journey chasing Fallow Deer bucks in the rut as we inch our way forward in the thick stuff, only having the grunt as a sense of direction. Shot was around 25 yards. Put your sound on for this one!

Join us on this journey chasing Fallow Deer bucks in the rut as we inch our way forward in the thick stuff, only having the grunt as a sense of direction. Shot was around 25 yards. Put your sound on for this one!

That's awesome! What time is the rut Marius?

That's awesome! What time is the rut Marius?

The Fallow Rut usually kicks off on the 14th of April. That is the yardstick that we work on every year.

The Fallow Rut usually kicks off on the 14th of April. That is the yardstick that we work on every year.
Nice! Might be happening when we arrive on the AH hunt then!? Another one for the list :giggle:

Nice! Might be happening when we arrive on the AH hunt then!? Another one for the list :giggle:

You might catch a grunt here and there close to your arrival date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois