AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Was planning on skipping this year but out of the blue my son ask me if I was going back this year. I was on the fence about going back but after getting a wake up call that I did not enjoy. I realized that there is no better time then as soon as you can go to go back. Lucky my son was ok and not hurt at all but it made me realize don't wait if you can do something now. Here is the picture of what made me decide to do this year . He slide on some black ice and went end over end and back on all 4's.

1120160936_0001.jpg
1120160937.jpg

So we talk about it and make some plans and he is in for this years trip. Lets just say happy dad for sure. He did not go with last trip and though I had fun it was just not the same. Well my sons decide to add a surprise and asks me a question I know maybe what is coming but was not 100% sure. I get a call and he tells me his girlfriend has something to ask me. Well I knew what was coming at this point.

When I said yes no problem she can come with. I think they may have both been shocked. I was just happy to see she was supporting my sons hobbies and wanted to be part of it all. So tonight I get the ok from her parents and we are a go for sure. So now we wait for her passport and then I will being calling lori at travel express to get tickets for june 21 or 22 till july 7 or 8 it looks like.

So the plan is 10 days in Namibia with 8 of those days hunting for 1each of these mtn zebra,oryx,springbuck for my son and I plus maybe kudu and eland if we see the right ones. One of us will hunt kudu and the other eland based on what we each see. We will be hunting with Pieter delport with bows and rifles. He is not to far from the airport and the drought has not hit his area as hard as some other areas. So with some hard hunting we should still be able to have a great hunt in Namibia. He has been on my list since I thought about hunting Namibia 5 years ago.

Then we will be off to Pieter and Paw Print safaris again for 7 days to hunt also. Son wants a nyala with his bow and who knows what else. I hope to get the kilspringer I missed this year and a bushbuck and if it works out a bushpig. Going to do some touring also for his girlfriend to see Africa, She wants to see and feed some elephants and we may surprise her with the elephant back safari as elephants are here favorite animal. Plus even though she has never hunted she has said she maybe up for trying to hunt something ugly. LOL so maybe we will have her hunting a blesbuck or warthog. We will be teaching her how to shot and she if she is able to come hunt time.

Hi Bill. Good for you. Always spend that time with the kids. Anytime you can. Sounds like a great trip you have planned. If this girl is serious about him, then this will be a great trial run so to speak. I suspect that this will be an epic hunt. Hope it all goes well for you. Bruce

No time like when you are still alive to go hunting.

Good plan.

Thanks bruce. It will be fun that I know. They have been seeing each other for over a year and both great kids.

Sounds like a great hunt for everyone!

Sounds good, lots to look forward to!

No time like when you are still alive to go hunting.

Good plan.

So true and that can stop at anytime. I am really looking forward to other trip with him that is for sure.

Charlie I think we will have a great hunt and my son is looking forward to sharing what he enjoys. Had her fishing and she loved that so he is off to a good start with her.

@billc I'm very glad that there weren't injuries in the wreck. If the young lady is under 18 you may have some difficulties taking her to Africa. Need to start looking into that early!

@billc I'm very glad that there weren't injuries in the wreck. If the young lady is under 18 you may have some difficulties taking her to Africa. Need to start looking into that early!

Yes lucky my son was by himself but came out all ok. She is 19 so no problems there. My 18 year old son went for the older woman. LOL

Yes reedy just the waiting now but all kinds of fun in about 6 month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! That will be a cool trip and good for her for wanting to tag a long! Sounds like you will have a great trip.

Start her with a pig bill, but yeah, she has to get a goat after that.

And you know the drill and have them in the right order with that zebra being first. (y)(y)

@Bill C Glad for you on the hunt. But even happier your son is ok after that wreck. And, about doing what you can while you can? I had a co-worker years ago decide to quite her job, sell her house and move from Houston to Colorado to open a book store. She was so excited. She and her dad we driving through west Texas with the vehicle loaded up. They hit black ice, spun out into oncoming traffic. That was it for both of them. Those pictures you posted made me think of Karen. Enjoy every day we have here folks. We never know when it's our last!

Glad you're son is okay Bill!

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to this trip as much as the first one we took.

Yes glad your son is ok!

Your boy was very lucky. Vehicle accidents often have lifelong effects, believe me I know.

It is easy to teach women how to shoot, especially if they have never shot before. Just ask any Instructor. Make sure she is using good hearing protection. From years of experience it's the noise more than anything else that causes first time shooters a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg