Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Kind of throws a spanner in the works of all those vegetarians and vegans , and others that say we aren't mainly meat eaters.... :D Beers:

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 7.43.00 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 7.43.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 7.43.02 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
Very enteresting
Thank you so much for sharing
Definitely we are meat eaters and need it following our structure, nature and genetic
No dubt about that (y)
+1. As temperatures moderated over time from the ice age, our ancestors were able to grow and/or harvest more plant food, but the fact remains, meat was still the vast majority of their diet.

+1. As temperatures moderated over time from the ice age, our ancestors were able to grow and/or harvest more plant food, but the fact remains, meat was still the vast majority of their diet.
Exactly and good luck gathering much in the way of plant foods suitable for human consumption for the majority of the year as the growing/havesting seasons are specific and usually very short while various animals and fish could be reliably hunted year round.
Another major basic body dependency for humans is protein nearly half of the amino acids specifically 9 of the 20 our bodies need can not be produced by our bodies these are called essential amino acids. Where are these found mostly in animal and dairy products interesting......

Exactly and good luck gathering much in the way of plant foods suitable for human consumption for the majority of the year as the growing/havesting seasons are specific and usually very short while various animals and fish could be reliably hunted year round.
Another major basic body dependency for humans is protein nearly half of the amino acids specifically 9 of the 20 our bodies need can not be produced by our bodies these are called essential amino acids. Where are these found mostly in animal and dairy products interesting......
Actually, they probably didn't know how to grow anything back then? They were living off the land, so to speak, when it came to plants. Meat had to be their primary source of food. A number of years ago, we went to the ancient Mesa Verde complex here in Colorado by Durango. Many thousands of years ago, the inhabitants grew corn (maize) and the cobs were the size of a large pickle. Over time, the inhabitants disappeared through the drying of the climate and thus migrated to a more suitable growing environment and were "assimilated" into other cultures. Fascinating to me.

Last edited:
Actually, they probably didn't know how to grow anything back then? They were living off the land, so to speak, when it came to plants. Meat had to be their primary source of food. A number of years ago, we went to the ancient Mesa Verde complex here in Colorado by Durango. Many thousands of years ago, the inhabitants grew corn (maize) and the cobs were the size of a large pickle. Over time, the inhabitants disappeared through the drying of the climate and thus migrated to a more suitable growing environment and were "assimilated" into other cultures. Fascinating to me.
Correct hence "gathering" in hunting and gathering

You mean there was "global warming" thousands of years ago? Shocking (being very sarcastic). Someone please call Biden and brief him of these findings. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We have been experiencing global warming since the last ICE AGE. And Earths climate has been continually changing since well before we even existed on it. Not saying we can't/don't have any impact on the Earth but obviously there are other factors at work beyond mankinds actions. Science should be routed in an openminded unbiased quest for knowledge and understanding and used for our advancement. Not as a political and governmental pawn to push their agendas.

I agree that people have eaten meat for millions of years and done well on it. The question is, how much did they actually hunt and how much was 'scrouged' from carrion and the kills of other animals?

Bones of prey animals are often found and exhibit tool marks that are unmistakably human made, but does this been that the animal was killed by humans or simply 'processed' by them? Without doubt they hunted, but did they turn down piles of protein from carrion or the kills of other predators? Hard to say.

Check out this above link it's an interesting read.

And some more these are specific to warming and cooling periods and cycles being natural occurrences for the Earth (My guess is we very well may be able to speed or slow it. BUT to what extent? And I certainly doubt we could stop it humans need to come to grips with our god complex and realize some things are just not within our control) I have started to tread into politics here so will have to pull back want to keep it on track. I just dislike the "green new deal" ideologies and the idea eating meat is terrible for our health as well as the planet and all the other bs they are pushing

Check out this above link it's an interesting read.

And some more these are specific to warming and cooling periods and cycles being natural occurrences for the Earth (My guess is we very well may be able to speed or slow it. BUT to what extent? And I certainly doubt we could stop it humans need to come to grips with our god complex and realize some things are just not within our control) I have started to tread into politics here so will have to pull back want to keep it on track. I just dislike the "green new deal" ideologies and the idea eating meat is terrible for our health as well as the planet and all the other bs they are pushing
Very interesting articles. But the Giant Ground Sloths are not extinct. I work with a few of them.

I believe that most people are either primarily hunters or gatherers. Some are both, but most fall neatly into one camp or the other. Trying to explain why I hunt to a gatherer is a frustrating thing. My wife supports my hunting, but because she’s a gatherer by nature, she doesn’t understand why I get up before the sun just to shiver in a duck blind or tree stand. Same for my brother. He’s a great guy and a successful businessman, husband and father. His heaven on earth is not in the fields and forests.

I agree that people have eaten meat for millions of years and done well on it. The question is, how much did they actually hunt and how much was 'scrouged' from carrion and the kills of other animals?

Bones of prey animals are often found and exhibit tool marks that are unmistakably human made, but does this been that the animal was killed by humans or simply 'processed' by them? Without doubt they hunted, but did they turn down piles of protein from carrion or the kills of other predators? Hard to say.
No doubt early man would scavenge when able, but Lions band hyenas never leave enough meat to feed very.many people for very long. This has been demonstrated a few times in experiments. The big brain of a human is the direct result of the fats and proteins that could only come from regular hunting.

It would be easier and far less dangerous to just hunt and kill many of the prey species than to take a kill from a lion pride or other euroasian predators or wolf pack or mountain lion or bear in north america. And I dont see them leaving much behind after they are done eating.

Nothing wrong with hunting/fishing and the fact that we have done so for basically our entire existence. Our species would not have survived without it.

It would be easier and far less dangerous to just hunt and kill many of the prey species than to take a kill from a lion pride or other euroasian predators or wolf pack or mountain lion or bear in north america. And I dont see them leaving much behind after they are done eating.
Absolutely!

In his very good book, “the white bushman”, Peter Stark, one of Etosha’s first game rangers, often writes of how the bushman that still lived in the park would chase lion or cheetah away from a kill to get some fresh meat.

Image1666630455.880746.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,