Humans Not Always To Blame For Genetic Diversity Loss In Wildlife

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Source: https://africageographic.com/blog/humans-not-always-to-blame-for-genetic-diversity-loss-in-wildlife/

Humans not always to blame for genetic diversity loss in wildlife

Screenshot_Humans not always to blame for genetic diversity loss in wildlife - Africa Geographic.jpg

ZSL-led study shows genetic differences in African lions likely caused by ecological rather than human factors.

Conservationists should be wary of assuming that genetic diversity loss in wildlife is always caused by humans, as new research published today by international conservation charity ZSL (Zoological Society of London) reveals that, in the case of a population of southern African lions (Panthera leo), it’s likely caused by ecological rather than human factors.

Published in Animal Conservation today (28 January 2020) the study saw researchers from ZSL’s Institute of Zoology and Imperial College London analyse the genetic diversity of 149 African lions in the KAZA (Kavango–Zambezi Transfrontier Conservation Area) in northern Botswana between 2010 to 2013.

Read more: https://africageographic.com/blog/humans-not-always-to-blame-for-genetic-diversity-loss-in-wildlife/

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!