Articles
Member of
AfricaHunting.com
Hunted
Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
Professional Hunter Hugo Seia

watermark.php

Hugo Seia, Professional Hunter

"On one side is the big game hunter. On the other side is a wild big game animal-instinctive, vigorous, quick, blessed with sharp senses and protected by the habitat as well as more familiar with it. You're inside the dense bush where visibility is almost nil, where the ability to maneuver is slight, and where the advantage rests with the quarry. The game that selects this kind of territory is usually the dangerous kind. At times like this the wind can often be the referee. When this situation occurs you'll want someone with experience and a heavy caliber rifle on your team. You'll also want to know what kind of rifle and ammunition an expert thinks you should be using. After all, on the big game hunting field, whoever comes off second best pays with his life."

The big game hunting community has long known Hugo Seia, a professional hunter who is highly regarded both by other professionals as well as by a host of sport hunting clients from around the world. The reading public was first introduced to Hugo when his enormously popular (and almost sold out first book) Mundjamba, The Life Story of an African Huntercame on the market. Now, at the request of colleagues, clients and readers, Hugo has produced a second book, also about African dangerous game hunting, but with lots more detail on the how and why in addition to the superb narration. There is a highly readable and eminently useful chapter on rifle selection and use, ammunition and a lengthy story by Ross Seyfried on a most unusual Cape buffalo hunt. Hugo Seia's nickname means "elephant mountain." He is one of today's most sought after professional big game hunters. This book covers his life from its start in war torn Angola and continues into today's great game countries of Eastern and Central Africa. Hugo has long been regarded as a professional's professional, always willing to go to the land at the end of the world to find that special trophy. Extra large format. Over 300 photos, 6 maps, glossary of animal names in English, Spanish and their native African tongues.

Hugo Seia treats each of the dangerous game species separately. In Any Kind of Cover offers a workable format for both experienced hunters and armchair adventurers. First, Hugo talks about the dangerous game itself, the terrain in which they're found and the character and traits they typically exhibit (especially when hunted or their territory is encroached upon by hunters). Then he talks about rifle selection. Finally, of course, there are hunting narratives that illustrate both the points he has made and "the exceptions that prove the rule." As always his narratives are lively and recounted in a sprightly fashion.

watermark.php

In Any Kind of Cover, Hunting the Dangerous Game of Africa by Hugo Seia

Hugo Seia has enjoyed a very long professional hunting career. His stories and advice are straightforward, told from the heart and sometimes heart-stopping. After all, his experiences represent more than fifty years of hunting dangerous game. Hugo has held professional hunting licenses in eight African countries and is currently working in Tanzania and Botswana. Ross Seyfried said at the end of his buffalo hunt, "I was glad we succeeded. My tracker was glad the buffalo had not." We guarantee you'll be glad that you read In Any Kind of Cover, Hunting the Dangerous Game of Africa. It is one fantastic big game hunting book. If you're planning a hunt or looking for great reading, In Any Kind of Cover, Hunting the Dangerous Game of Africa is a must.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaBlohm

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!