Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Republic of Congo, Canada
I just read a hunter took a 160 by 144 pound elephant with CM Safaris with Buzz Charlton as the PH. A true once in a lifetime trophy. Congratulations to all involved.

Where was it taken? Zimbabwe?

Wow.

Mike thanks for the information. I never thought I would hear of a 150+ pound bull taken again. Did it walk into Dande from Moz? Where did it hide all these years?

Congratulations to CM, Buzz and the very fortunate hunter!

All the best.

If these weights are correct and memory serves me right this is the biggest ivory ever recorded coming out of Zimbabwe.

Hope the happy hunter isn't an American and can take the ivory home with him!

All the best.

……….
Hope the happy hunter isn't an American and can take the ivory home with him!

American hunter and the Ivory is not heading home. They figure the big bull came in from Mozambique being pushed by poachers fires…

May as well go viral. Starting now. :)

Zim Ele.jpg

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

In 2014 this can still happen!?!?

Has a larger elephant been taken in the last 30 years?

Shame about USFW. I think I would buy a house in another country just to be able to keep these.

All the best.

What a trophy, thanks for sharing!

Great trophy...

Big congrats to Buzz and hunter KPete.
Taken in the Dande communal area

WOW!

We need more pictures!

They just posted that it was a joke. My apologies to everybody on this forum as I believed it to be true. Had I known they were fake it would never had been posted here.

Last edited:
What an awesome bull! I'm with you Bob, I'd have to come up with some way to be able to run my hands over those big boys every now and then! I'm thinking a beach house in Costa Rica might be the ticket....

I fell for it.

Great hoax. Great camera angle and set up.

I was wondering why they cut the tusks out instead of waiting for them to slip. Looks like they cut some ivory in the process.

I was wondering how big the elephants head was with that amount of ivory inside the lip.

I was wondering where this guy lived for the last 15-20 years and wasn't known or poached in Moz.

Hope and excitement overcame common sense. I had better start watching out....what do they say about old people getting conned!

To bad it isn't April 1st!

All the best.

PS: Per Buzz.....actual weight 10 and 8 pounds. Cow.

L1010740_zps4a75b653.jpg

too good to be true....

The picture did not look right from the beginning..

however, give benefit of the doubt until proven one way or the other .

From now on all Buzz posting will have to be monitored closely.

Well, that is ground shrinkage for sure! LOL Had the heart pumping for a minute anyway.

They just posted that it was a joke. My apologies to everybody on this forum as I believed it to be true. Had I known they were fake it would never had been posted here.

Why apologize? It's not your reputation that is effected.
In future everyone knows to just subtract 160 pounds off everything CM professes they shoot. You'll be close.
Walter et al. :)

Perspective is everything. LOL.:ROFLMAO:

So did I! Thought a monster had been hiding in the bush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross