Hucal-La Pampa

JLF

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
This is where I took my first steps as a hunter .....
Old custom of cleaning the rifle before starting the hunt.
At that time he hunted making night waits ...
A great pond, waiting for my great opponent ... who was a great wird boar on the trail.
Instead of Don Wird Boar, there were female red deer and very young red deer.

DSC03464.jpg
DSC03481.jpg
DSC03482.jpg
DSC03483.jpg
DSC03484.jpg
DSC03485.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Contemplate with admiration such a landscape ... and although I hunt for the meat, and had a rifle sight, a lot of meat ... I do not hunt, I do not hunt and I will not hunt red deer

DSC03492.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to erase the year because I don't remember exactly when it was ...

Thanks for posting! That looks a lot like parts of southern Africa or even west or southwest US after good rains.

Thanks for posting! That looks a lot like parts of southern Africa or even west or southwest US after good rains.
It is a pleasure to be able to show part of the hunting areas of Argentina.

Fortunate you were! That area has a rich, fertile look to it.

Reactions: JLF
Hunt several years in a row in that area.
Apart from wild boar and red deer, there are female deer and antelope.
For years, most of the time, I hunt alone and therefore I travel alone, and doing many kilometers I get tired ... for that reason I no longer go to that hunting area ...

Hunt several years in a row in that area.
Apart from wild boar and red deer, there are female deer and antelope.
For years, most of the time, I hunt alone and therefore I travel alone, and doing many kilometers I get tired ... for that reason I no longer go to that hunting area ...
Large area for sure to tromp around in- horses would be key to work and mobility there. I think that area in south-central Argentina (the Pampas) is ecologically similar to the tall grass prairie region here in the US... which is largely chopped up now because it is rich and fertile and thus became the "bread basket" for producing large volume grain crops.

Yesssss

Beautiful hunting country....................thanks for sharing.....................FWB

Why don’t you hunt Red Deer?

Why don’t you hunt Red Deer?
In Argentina, the red deer can be hunted in the brama season, at that time the deer meat becomes very strong and the only thing that can be eaten is the loin. Therefore I am not going to hunt such an imposing animal to eat a small part and throw the rest away, I am a hunter to eat meat, not for the trophy.
And the other fact is that in the time of roaring to the red deer it is easier to hunt it because it gives itself away, I don't find it meaningful.
I tell you something that happened to me in my early days ... I went hunting in a field very close to the one in the photo ... at the time of brama, I was accompanied by a great friend, who is the one who taught me to hunt. We were about 6 km from where our camp was and I heard for the first time in my life a red deer howl. We approached as slowly as possible until we could see it with the naked eye, it was an imposing 18-pointed red deer, I contemplated it for a long time, I pointed my rifle at it, after a few seconds pointing, I got up and pointed the rifle to the other side I fired. ..of course the deer left. My friend got mad at me for what I had done ... but I made him understand that I hunt for meat not for the head of an animal and hang it on the wall.

In Argentina, the red deer can be hunted in the brama season, at that time the deer meat becomes very strong and the only thing that can be eaten is the loin. Therefore I am not going to hunt such an imposing animal to eat a small part and throw the rest away, I am a hunter to eat meat, not for the trophy.
And the other fact is that in the time of roaring to the red deer it is easier to hunt it because it gives itself away, I don't find it meaningful.
I tell you something that happened to me in my early days ... I went hunting in a field very close to the one in the photo ... at the time of brama, I was accompanied by a great friend, who is the one who taught me to hunt. We were about 6 km from where our camp was and I heard for the first time in my life a red deer howl. We approached as slowly as possible until we could see it with the naked eye, it was an imposing 18-pointed red deer, I contemplated it for a long time, I pointed my rifle at it, after a few seconds pointing, I got up and pointed the rifle to the other side I fired. ..of course the deer left. My friend got mad at me for what I had done ... but I made him understand that I hunt for meat not for the head of an animal and hang it on the wall.
I agree with that!
I have the same reasons to not hunt deers... But, if I see a deer out of season ... and the animal are a "descarte", as we should name the recessive males, or the unpregnant old females, I SHOT THEM... the meat are great, fat... ant tasty!
A flavorless, skinny, smelling big buck in the resproduction season, puajjjj.... I pass... hahahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.