Howdy from North East Texas

TXGunVault

AH member
Reaction score
Howdy, finally decided to introduce myself after lurking here for most of the year. AH has reinvigorated my desire to hunt after a 10 year hiatus due to business commitments. Owning a gun store may sound neat until you realize that you haven't hunted in a decade because hunting season is your busy time. But that is changing, I sent my deposit and I will be hunting Namibia 2018. I have enjoyed reading the hunting reports, looking at the photos and dreaming about new adventures. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to share your experiences, photos and reports. I look forward to continuing to learn from each of you. Thanks again.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard! What part of TX are you in?

Lamar county. It's about 100 miles NE of Dallas, 100 miles west of Texarkana and bordering Oklahoma.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH TXGunVault! You will have a great time in Namibia.

Welcome to AH sir!

Glad to have you. Namibia! Great, loved it there.

Welcome to AH!
Many many years ago, I lived in Honey Grove, TX. My families were raised in Franklin and Fannin counties.
Namibia is definitely on my bucket list! I’m jealous you’re going to make it there before me! Have a grand trip!

Welcome to a fellow Texan

AH will do that to you. Enjoy.
Welcome to AH.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome. Where in Namibia will you be? I'll be hunting Namibia in April 2018 about 2 hours south of Windhoek. Maybe I'll see you there.

Would like to meet you but will be there several weeks earlier and will be a couple of hours north of Windhoek.

Ridgewalker some good people over in the Honey Grove and Bonham area. What part of the country did you transplant to? I can't believe that I'm actually going to hunt Africa. Heck I'm just a Northeast Texas Redneck that grew up hunting, fishing and trapping in my backyard. I've never hunted anywhere I didn't live. It's definitely going to be a childhood dream come true. Business commitments have prevented me from hunting since 2007. While looking for summer hunting opportunities such as south Texas exotics I stumbled across AH and the ball started rolling. Everything came together while talking to one of the only people I know that has hunted Africa. He shared some of his experiences and then told me that if he had not gone the year he did he probably wouldn't have ever been able to go, due to health issues that developed the next year. Don't put it off, you never know if another opportunity will ever present itself.

Howdy sir! Grayson county boy here! Grew up on Texoma & the Red. Sounds like your up around Powderly area. Welcome. Quite a few Texans on here, handful from NTX! Holler if I can help!

Welcome to AH and congrats for jumping in! You'll have a great trip!

WelcomeTXGunVault! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg