How To Solve America’s Wild Deer Problem? Eat Them

Wonderful menu, of exotic species for a Texas hunter! (y)
Some of the [IMO] most ridiculously priced hunts here are for white tail, not exotics. There are some expensive exotic hunts, but you can go after a nilgai bull here on a 3 day hunt for 3K USD + incidentals.

Some of the [IMO] most ridiculously priced hunts here are for white tail, not exotics. There are some expensive exotic hunts, but you can go after a nilgai bull here on a 3 day hunt for 3K USD + incidentals.
You ain’t kidding. There are some ridiculously insane prices for whitetail here. I’ve seen some hunts sold for almost what it costs for elephant. Call me crazy but I’ve never seen a whitetail worth $26,000.00! But people will pay it. Granted there is a lot of research and development involved in the deer industry but it’s still a whitetail. You can get some really nice African exotics in Texas a lot cheaper than whitetail.

You ain’t kidding. There are some ridiculously insane prices for whitetail here. I’ve seen some hunts sold for almost what it costs for elephant. Call me crazy but I’ve never seen a whitetail worth $26,000.00! But people will pay it. Granted there is a lot of research and development involved in the deer industry but it’s still a whitetail. You can get some really nice African exotics in Texas a lot cheaper than whitetail.
I found a place only about 5 or 6 hours from you, near Terlingua, that has 3 full days of mountain aoudad hunting for only 3K. You have to bring your own camping gear, or find lodging, but they guide you start to finish. Much of the hunting there is done at 5K feet or higher.

I found a place only about 5 or 6 hours from you, near Terlingua, that has 3 full days of mountain aoudad hunting for only 3K. You have to bring your own camping gear, or find lodging, but they guide you start to finish. Much of the hunting there is done at 5K feet or higher.
Thats a pretty good deal. They are extremely fun to hunt and not bad eating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg