AH member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
South Africa Eastern Cape
Is groundhog for dinner tonight?
Untitled-32-630x339.jpg

Well after watching this video you just might opt for a great groundhog meal.

Learn how to skin and butcher a groundhog from Twin Creek Survival Training.

Is groundhog on the menu at your house? Well it certainly should be and Twin Creek Survival Training shows you how to prepare it right.

So you finally shot or trapped that groundhog that has been wrecking your garden. Before you dig a hole to throw it in you should watch this video. This information packed video is a how to on how to skin and butcher that well fed groundhog. Remember that groundhog has been feeding only on the very best in your personal garden.

If you never considered groundhog a culinary delight you just might to reconsider it after watching this video.

LOL. I find they taste way too much like nutria.

Reactions: lcq
LOL. I find they taste way too much like nutria.
Interesting, Red Leg. I've spent most of my life avoiding eating rats of any description. If I'd known about river rats, or nutria, early on, I'd have added them to the list of gourmet delights to be avoided. As it is, they were only added after I got married and found out that my mother-in-law's fur coat was nutria, and looked it up. For that reason, if for no other, I will keep them on the list!

But just in case I find myself in a survival situation in South America, exactly what does rat taste like?;)

First I have to say that we haven't had groundhogs in eastern Ontario (outside the cities) for years too many coyotes. Secondly after they get hit with any decent varmint rifle there isn't much left except buzzard meat

Interesting, Red Leg. I've spent most of my life avoiding eating rats of any description. If I'd known about river rats, or nutria, early on, I'd have added them to the list of gourmet delights to be avoided. As it is, they were only added after I got married and found out that my mother-in-law's fur coat was nutria, and looked it up. For that reason, if for no other, I will keep them on the list!

But just in case I find myself in a survival situation in South America, exactly what does rat taste like?;)
Way too much like opossum

Way too much like opossum

Possum and nutria are about the only two things I can think of that my grandfather wouldn't eat. At least there in East Texas.

And being a rice farmer he shot and trapped every nutria he could. Gave all the meat away though to the local Cajuns. They loved it. :)

Reactions: lcq
That will teach him to mess up your yard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross