How to attach top and bottom of warthog skull?

Jasper99

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I'm finished whitening my warthog skull and am ready to attach the halves and mount it on a homemade Skullhooker type mount. I've epoxied deer and hogs in the past but this one is much heavier. What do you guys use? Thanks!

I have drilled and recessed screws to hold the lower jaws on warthog, and then filled the screw holes and air brushed a little white over the fill and they are virtually invisible.

Jeff's idea works well.

I have drilled and recessed screws to hold the lower jaws on warthog, and then filled the screw holes and air brushed a little white over the fill and they are virtually invisible.

No expert but did my own deer once and I did screws and super glue! Worked like a charm!

Where exactly do you put the screws? At the back top of the lower jaw through the ball joint and up into the skull?

Thanks!

I'm finished whitening my warthog skull and am ready to attach the halves and mount it on a homemade Skullhooker type mount. I've epoxied deer and hogs in the past but this one is much heavier. What do you guys use? Thanks!
Here is one example for a desk display. Used a screw flange welded onto a stainless steel rod. Epoxied a small piece of plywood to the u/s of the upper mouth. Then screwed thru the flange into it. The wood seems to hold well and absorb the odd bump a bit as well.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it Caddman! And the Africa cut out looks cool for the base!

I mixed up epoxy that I use for bedding actions in stocks (Brownells Accu Glass) Just a touch where the front of the contacts and in the sockets (just a little) apply a little pressure over night and it'll last forever

I first rough sand the jaw sockets so glue will hold then I use gorilla epoxy, mix it up and apply to lower jaw sockets and behind the front teeth, tape together for a min of 6 hrs and put on a panel or whatever and your done.

i admire you guys,anything i try to do my self i screw up and wind up paying to have it done right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg