How many countries offer the truly wild African hunting experience

Everything is said with this sentence.

Who believes that he still hunt in Africa in an intact environment and according to old traditions , may like to continue dreaming.

Nevertheless , for business reasons , the myth is still maintained with beautiful pictures of sunrises over an open savannah , herds of animals passing by , beautiful camps and hunters with family sitting at the table with a glass of whiskey and enjoying the sunset. I would also do it this way if I wanted to sell the product , but they are methods from the tourist industry. One shouldn't look into the scenery not very far from the camp with overpopulation , bitter poverty , unrest , criminal but superstition ,...and so on.

With respect, I disagree.

If you are looking for wild areas, hunting the “big boys” (which I take to be buffalo, elephant, etc.), you can still find the “old Africa.”

I suggest you try hunting Benin, where you can sleep under the stars and be visited by hyena in the night. Or the jungles of Cameroon, where you can spend your days cutting your way through virtually impenetrable jungle in heat and humidity, unrelieved by air conditioning or even fans. Or the savannah of Cameroon, where you can track Giant Eland for hours and days on end in blistering heat over terrain which has never been changed by man. In all of these places, you eat meat if you - or someone who came hopefully not long before you - shot something.

These places still exist. I have been there, and it is not a myth. Except maybe the whiskey. If you want it, you better bring it, because there is no place to get it.

They may be hard to get to, the hunting may be difficult, and the insects may be just shy of intolerable, but it is worthwhile in every sense.

The only problem at the moment with those places is security issues, but hopefully it will stabilize in foreseeable future.
There should be safe pockets and areas in each country, but this will seriously reduce number of options and outfitters.

I love wilderness Africa - and I personally prefer that type of hunt but it isn't for everyone. it also isn't something that should be put off.

That is exactly what I originally was inquiring about,I am only interested in wilderness hunting.

PT you got it right.

I personally would never hunt Dangerous Game on a fenced property. I have absolutely no problem hunting Plains Game on 8000 acres as long as the animals are still properly wild.

That makes no sense...

So if SA opens up leopard again you would never hunt one here?

That makes no sense...

I would hunt leopard even in a telephon box....

;)

HWL

Reactions: WAB
That makes no sense...

I am personally not into Leopard or Lion hunting. I do understand it's role in conservation and don't discriminate against people who do it but it is just an animal I would not like to hunt even if I had the money. I believe there some good free range dangerous game hunting in the Waterberg Mountains in Limpopo and concessions bordering the Greater Kruger though.

I hunted a fenced property in Limpopo for buffalo and it was 3 days before we saw the herd.
I know fenced (at least the good ones) Buffalo hunting is still a big challenge and it isn't at all easy but the reason I wouldn't hunt them in a fenced area is their character. Free Range Buffalo survive droughts, Lions, Poachers and hunters. Most fenced Buffalo don't have to endure much of this (that isn't to say that some do) I want to hunt a Buff with stories, one that has lived his life through the hardships in the great wilderness of the African Bush. A Buff with scars on his face and a rock hard boss.

I am personally not into Leopard or Lion hunting. I do understand it's role in conservation and don't discriminate against people who do it but it is just an animal I would not like to hunt even if I had the money. I believe there some good free range dangerous game hunting in the Waterberg Mountains in Limpopo and concessions bordering the Greater Kruger though.

Yes there are and some, however do not fool yourself they are all fenced. Being open to the Kruger park does not mean un-fenced. It may well be open to the Kruger but as soon as it crosses the border that's it you cannot follow. There are many huge areas, where you will have a hard time finding the same over a 10 day hunting period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg