How does one hunt species like Thomson's, Grant's Gazelle and Lesser Kudu economically in Tanzania?

Mark R

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Hi everyone, how does one hunt species like Thomson's and Grant's gazelle as well as lesser kudu economically? I mean not a full bag, 21 day safari.

Can it be done?

Cheers,
Mark.

I think the government license fees is what will make it expensive. I think you could probably do a 10 day hunt with a 21 day license but it will be cheaper but not sure if it is economical.

My understanding is the advice above. Gotta have the 21 day license. Then book for a shorter time. Talk to the outfitter on how long he believes is necessary to get the animals that you really want. Be sure and ask if air charters are required. Those can add significantly to the cost. There are some ads on the other network for a newer company that supposedly has some sharper pricing on their animals to encourage bookings. Might check there. Good luck.
Bruce

This topic is very interesting.

What would be the level of cost, on reduced days and 21 day license?
I was looking previously for economic options for same specis, and possibly gerenuk, but.... 20k, would be expceted level of cost, unless something has changed.

All things are possible, but in Tan its gonna cost. I was very fortunate to take those species, less the lesser kudu in 1985 on my first safari in 1985. It was an end of season hunt for buffalo and PG and I did take a nice Tommy and Grants along with the buffalo. The other chap on the 2x1 hunt did take a lesser kudu though, but it was not an option for me.

Our hunt started in Arusha and we drove to the hunting area, basically Mto Wa Mbu and surrounds, so no ridiculously expensive air charter was involved. If you can get around that it will save lots of money.

This topic is very interesting.

What would be the level of cost, on reduced days and 21 day license?
I was looking previously for economic options for same specis, and possibly gerenuk, but.... 20k, would be expceted level of cost, unless something has changed.

I was thinking 20 to 25k is probably rock bottom before tips, dip/pack, etc. But that is limited research.

How does one hunt kudu in Tanzania affordably?

You land in Dar, drive about 900 miles south to South Africa and hunt with someone there :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Dont get me wrong.. I'd love to chase PG in Tanzania.. definitely not knocking that experience for anyone..

But I dont think its possible to hunt in Tanzania for anywhere near the prices you can find in other countries..

If you do happen to go to Tanzania... do not miss an opportunity to eat here: https://www.addisindar.com/

All kidding aside.. the best meal I ever ate in my life came from that restaurant.. absolutely INCREDIBLE..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RashadSalt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois