How do you wait out the last few weeks

Eric Anderson

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA
I start my journey back to RSA on June 4. My rifle case is packed. My carryon is packed. Only my second checked bag is unpacked, waiting on books to arrive to bring to my friends kids before I pack that. I am driving my dog nuts.
I just want to go. Even my first time hunting in RSA time was not dragging like this.

Obligatory photo of the best dog in the world after he took his son on an adventure in the back pasture.

0E13B761-E296-468C-91A8-541A8571E06F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: Unpack, repack,unpack, repack. Call a hunting friend and talk about the hunt. Post on AH. Unpack again and write down everything that is in every case. Clean rifle, go to range , practice then clean rifle again................WAIT!

Spend your time selling your (or your wife’s) personal belongings to raise money for additional animals.
We all pack and repack and ultimately overpack.

Spend your time selling your (or your wife’s) personal belongings to raise money for additional animals.
We all pack and repack and ultimately overpack.
I am picking up some overtime and putting off buying a Jeep. The packing and double checking is what is driving the old dog nuts, he knows what suitcases mean, and he is not happy.

I shoot every day of the last week before wheels up. Shoot, clean, shoot clean and on the last day shoot five and don't clean. Can't practice too much.:D

The looks on those woo-woos faces are priceless.

Tell me about it, i have only a few more days to wait for trip, wheels up on Tuesday evening and the days are dragging

Times like this I wish I could be put in an artificial coma and be woken up in time for the hunt.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:I wish I could be put in a coma an hour before being loaded on the plane for that long slog to Africa and then revived at SAPS.

I shoot every day of the last week before wheels up. Shoot, clean, shoot clean and on the last day shoot five and don't clean. Can't practice too much.:D

The looks on those woo-woos faces are priceless.
The pup on the right is 11 weeks old and doesn’t know that being a muddy farm dog is not perfectly acceptable at all times and places. His father on the right is 11 years old, and knows perfectly well that he has earned the right to do as he pleases.

The pup on the right is 11 weeks old and doesn’t know that being a muddy farm dog is not perfectly acceptable at all times and places. His father on the right is 11 years old, and knows perfectly well that he has earned the right to do as he pleases.
Is the wife in the back seat or in the boot ???
:E Frightened:

I hear ya friend! Just 19 days until I leave for Namibia! I'm having trouble focusing on anything else. I've packed and repacked several times. Have a great time in RSA. I'm looking forward to your report and pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillianaLe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg