How do you lock the SKB crossbow case to get around TSA?

Lpart

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB
Hunted
How do you lock the SKB case to get around TSA? I have an SKB crossbow case and the only way to lock it is with their keys. No provision for a TSA lock.

Was wondering about that myself. Maybe leave the latches unlocked and wrap the case with a TSA locked strap or cable of some sort?

Anybody know this?

thanks, dv

Lpart, I have a suggestion for you but it requires doing something you probably do not want to do... You could drill 2 holes above and below where the existing locks are (in the plastic part) and run a cable through with a TSA approved lock...

You could also try to attach a cable in a figure 8 fashion and see if it holds without being easily removed...

I would not lock the case with the locks that are on it under any circumstances because if they bust them open all sorts of problems can arise.

1435d1262278994-how-do-you-lock-skb-crossbow-case-get-around-tsa-skb-crossbow-case.jpg

I would recommend to anyone traveling to bring spare TSA approved locks on their trip, as they cut off even TSA approved locks from time to time.

Attachments

• SKB-crossbow-case.jpg
    SKB-crossbow-case.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
skb case

my skb case has the t.s.a. locks on it. the airport security has the keys for these locks. after they inspect it, they lock it back up. you are not supposed to travel with locks that are not t.s.a. approved. they will cut off these locks to inspect your case.

my skb case has the t.s.a. locks on it. the airport security has the keys for these locks. after they inspect it, they lock it back up. you are not supposed to travel with locks that are not t.s.a. approved. they will cut off these locks to inspect your case.

If not they'll take you to the Investigation room. ( in that case all the people i airport thinks you are a terrorist :eek: ) . actually if you buy skb case from trusted shop, it will be a t.s.a approved lock. :)

SKB is no longer making this case. I have called them and they do not have replacement locks for that are TSA approved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross