How did the internet affect safari hunting?

tigris115

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Pretty simple question here. How did the public use of the internet affect safari hunting as an industry in terms of advertising, business, communication, etc?

Reactions: ack
Positively and negatively.
Through internet I learnt that there is still good (and affordable) hunting in Africa. And you can not learn this through national geographic or animal planet documentaries.

Negatively: internet has given the (good) tool for anti hunting various campaigns.
Often, they are fueled by hunting photos served by hunters them selves.

Presently, there is more benefits from internet to hunting (by sharing knowledge, experiences, information, etc) then drawbacks, but I see this gap reducing at fast pace. Pictures of dead animals are affecting (laymen) public opinion, legislation, international regulations, etc...

Access.

It was how I found my first outfitter some years ago. So I would say positive. We have this forum and I say that is positive.
However, it has heightened the visibility of our passion and sport for the antis.

I have to say very positively, I figured Africa was way out of my price range and thanks to the Google machine I have found it is probably the best value going in hunting. Have learned a lot and much how that has come from this site and talking to the people on it. I'm sure there are others like me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!