House of Representatives Passes Funding Bill with Numerous Wins for Animals

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles

Washington, DC—Animals saw important victories in a bill (H.R. 8294) passed yesterday by the House of Representatives to fund the US Department of the Interior, the US Department of Agriculture, and other federal agencies in fiscal year 2023. The explanatory statements accompanying this package also include important directives to agencies regarding the implementation of laws pertaining to animal welfare. AWI commends this vital work by members of the House Appropriations Committee, and hopes the Senate will include similar provisions in its version of the appropriations bills.

Screenshot_30.jpg

AND I QUOTE
"Trophy Hunting
The US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) is prohibited from issuing permits for the import of sport-hunted elephant or lion trophies taken in Tanzania, Zimbabwe, or Zambia. It also must review the Trump-era policies that reduced transparency in the import permitting process, and report back to Congress about how to determine whether trophy hunting of these species harms their populations"

There is still an outside chance this ban can be taken out of the bill if the senate will show some stones and take out that clause. I’m not hopeful.

There is still an outside chance this ban can be taken out of the bill if the senate will show some stones and take out that clause. I’m not hopeful.
We can hope with the midterms looming. I am, but not really surprised the house would consider such an asinine move right now. However, in view of the utter stupidity of politicians, it's not all that unusual.

So, with large media campaign similar ban had not pass in UK.
With minimal campaign, or none at all, this passes in US. Strange.

Bunch of brainless wastes of oxygen.....wonder how long before operators again start giving up areas as not viable without lion and elephant hunts being able to be sold to usa clients....then the rapid destruction of those areas from logging ..and encroachment for cattle and farming....those fktards really haven't a clue....unbelievably sad state of affairs....neo colonialism big time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross