Hotels around OR Tambo

Discussion in 'Before & After the Hunt' started by Edster, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Edster

Edster New Member

Specifically the Protea by Marriott. I'm looking at the one outside the airport. Does anyone know if they are firearm friendly. I'm getting mixed responses, figured I'd would see if anyone has first hand knowledge

2. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    I’ve no experience with that Marriott. I do know many hunters have stayed at the City Lodge and the Intercontinental. One of these you don’t even have to leave the airport, there’s an enclosed walkway to the hotel.

jeff likes this.

3. Edster

Edster New Member

Thanks Phil,
    I'm a Marriott rewards member so the stay is gona be paid with points. That's why I was hoping someone had some knowledge of this hotel

4. wesheltonj

wesheltonj AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Benefactor-Life NRA, DSC, SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, RSA
    Marriott $149 USD per night, City Lodge $119 USD per night. I would save my points for use at a more expensive Marriott stay.

5. MMAL

MMAL GOLD SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    New Jersey, New York, Wyoming, Colorado, Mexico, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland, Namibia
    I stayed once at the Marriott nice hotel, small rooms, good restaurant but getting to it sucks. They have one bus that runs every 1/2 hour. Stayed at southern sun that runs buses about every 10 mins and closer than the Marriott. Would stay at southern sun for one night again. I would not stay at Marriott again. Hope this helps.

enysse likes this.