Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI International, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
RSA, Limpopo region,NorthWest Province, VaalWater and Free State New Zealand
I am flying into Joberg and spending the night where my PH will pick me up the following A.M. I usually stay at the Aviator Hotel. I am looking for a different hotel this time around. Can I get some suggestions that are close and will pick me up at the airport in a secure vehicle? I thought I saw a place referenced in here like the Guesthouse? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sonny

City Lodge is right at the Airport and so is Intercontinental ( I have stayed here, excellent). Off Airport is Africa Sky (I have stayed here it's ok) and Afton House.

Last edited:
Walk to City Lodge or the Intercontinental.

Walk to City Lodge or the Intercontinental.
Both are acceptable (done both) - both are an easy and safe walk with bags. The Intercon is much the better of the two.

Citi lodge was fine for me, basic room. Breakfast spread was decent and convenient. Can take rifle case right to room.

Stayed at the City Lodge many times and it's safe, quiet and connected to the airport terminal. If you want to try an extremely nice type of guest house, try the African Rock Hotel. https://www.africanrockhotels.com/ When traveling with my wife, this is the place we always stay. A driver (usually Calvin) will meet you inside the arrival terminal at the airport and drive to the hotel, which only has about 8 or 9 rooms. It's located in a gated, residential neighborhood, about 10-15 minutes from the airport. Gourmet dinner and cook to order breakfast available.

I am flying into Joberg and spending the night where my PH will pick me up the following A.M. I usually stay at the Aviator Hotel. I am looking for a different hotel this time around. Can I get some suggestions that are close and will pick me up at the airport in a secure vehicle? I thought I saw a place referenced in here like the Guesthouse? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sonny

I would personally recommend either the Afton Safari Lodge or the Africa Sky Guest house... I have stayed at each location multiple times. Both offer secure, reputable, meet & greet and transportation from the airport. Both are also 10 minutes or less from the terminal. The Africa Sky is a bit more upscale with more amenities and an in-house restaurant. The Afton is a very clean and comfortable, but a bit more modest accommodation. The Afton will also take you free of charge to any of several area restaurants for dinner. Both offer a full breakfast that comes with the room.

Both also offer VIP meet & greet, rifle assist services, and luggage storage which I have also used, if you are interested. Have a great trip!

Easiest, simplest by far is City Lodge or Intercon. (especially after the torture of long flight and a day or two of travel) --both at airport. Excellent breakfast included with room at City Lodge. I usually stay at City Lodge.

I have stayed at both African Sky and Afton house. If I were to bring my wife and family, I think African Sky might be a little better option, but I have enjoyed just hanging out at Afton House and talking with the other hunters a bit more.

City Lodge or Intercontinental both are attached to airport, Intercontinental is closest and they have a good restaurant
Quills . Staff very attentative and friendly

Used City Lodge once and am using them again. Nice and close.

One thing I will point out is that South Africans apparently have something against face cloths. Take your own.

https://www.packtowl.com/personal

Attachments

• Screenshot (460).png
    Screenshot (460).png
    493.3 KB · Views: 112
Plenty places close to the AP if you just looking for a safe place to get some rest & a good meal

Can suggest a friend's lodge about 5 Min from the AP called Afrika Lodge.
Rates are crazy cheap & the food absolutely tops!
Glen +27 11 391 8108

I have used city lodge and Africa Sky. City Lodge is fine, Africa Sky is much nicer and much pre expensive.

We stayed at the President's Lodge. About 10 mins from Airport. Excellent accomodations, quiet and very good food.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg