Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
I'm aware of the dislike of Hornady DGX by some and fully justifiable I might add. I did reach out to Hornady in reference to their new "bonded" DGX ammo now offered. My question was if the box identified new product from old or by product coding. Below is the response I received.

Recently you requested assistance from our customer support center. The following is a summary of your request and our response.

Hornady Support commented at: 02-04-2019 08:08
Hello Sir,

The new Bonded bullets will all have a lot number (7-digit number on the bottom of stick on label on the box) and the first three numbers will be 319....; there are some with 318 prefixes but if you stick to the 319 prefix there will be no question.
Regards,
TZ

I've used the old DGX on several brown & black bear in AK without issue but bears an buff, ELE ect are a whole different game when reliability must be an utmost assurance...

Once bitten, twice shy.
Those who had a bad experience with Hornady are not likely to give them another chance.

I hope the bonded DGX has solved their problem. They are wonderful folks and I wish them well. However, their original DGX failed me In a way that could have gotten someone killed. I will be using Swift A-Frame and trophy bonded bearclaw for dangerous game ‘soft’ applications. Best of luck with your decision.

Bringing my post back around as I'm reading more folks are looking at Hornady ammo either due to the current shortage of other choices or due to their newest Bonded bullets.
Identification via lot number is what Hornady customer service recommended. See first post.

For those that buy off GB or wherever, this might help making sure they are buying what their after.

Bringing my post back around as I'm reading more folks are looking at Hornady ammo either due to the current shortage of other choices or due to their newest Bonded bullets.
Identification via lot number is what Hornady customer service recommended. See first post.

For those that buy off GB or wherever, this might help making sure they are buying what their after.
Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg