Hornady DGS BONDED

Bigugly

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
USA, WA, OR, ID, WY, KS
So i would like to hear an update on the DGX BONDED Bullitt by Hornady.

Anyone try this bonded version on Buffalo? Specifically .375 H&H?

I know there are a lot of Fans of the A Frame and the TBBC but im just curious on this one. Have they improved any?

Interested myself, waiting for comments.

There is a video from kevin robertson on this bullet. He thought they performed adequately, or at least, at the minimum level required for dangerous game. I honestly cant see spending the money on bondex DGX when swift A-Frames are the same price.

Couple to review, all that have used on game have reported great success and seen the improvements

So for me, as of this writing, Swift A Frames are simply not available. I cant seem to find Federal Cape Shok TBBC either. I have spent time on Gunbroker and have come across the Hornady loads in abundance. I have some time to look for bullets' before i go on safari but i would like to spend some ammunition and some time getting proficient with my rifle. If anyone has a lead on better bullets' in 375 H&H im all ears :) Thanks!

Are you after factory ammo or just bullets for loading your own?

I dont reload at this time so a source for the loaded ammo is what i would be after

So for me, as of this writing, Swift A Frames are simply not available. I cant seem to find Federal Cape Shok TBBC either. I have spent time on Gunbroker and have come across the Hornady loads in abundance. I have some time to look for bullets' before i go on safari but i would like to spend some ammunition and some time getting proficient with my rifle. If anyone has a lead on better bullets' in 375 H&H im all ears :) Thanks!

Federal premium is currently available on their site..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.28.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.28.46 PM.png
    781.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.28.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.28.48 PM.png
    315.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.28.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.28.51 PM.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.28.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.28.53 PM.png
    333.1 KB · Views: 89
Yes, you can order it direct however showing unavailable at this time...........i will continue to monitor this site.

Get some of the Hornady DGX Bonded for practice and possibly use if nothing else shows up and keep your eyes open. Also, check out Hendershots and Superior ammunition and see if they can load you up exactly what you want.

I have just bought 150 Hornady 410 bonded bullets and the reason I did was because of all the positive reports on this forum. Some folks are still prejudiced against Hornady, but I wonder if that is just hangover from the past and they can't move on? All manufacturers make mistakes, but if they have corrected it, move on!

I think part of the issue is that Hornady kept denying they had made a mistake, for years. Seriously, bonding has been a tried and true practice for decades and they had the capability of doing it. They just chose not to and then couldn't admit that the DGX bullets weren't good.

It seems hornady is about the only manufacture with some ammo available lately. I don’t think you will have a problem with the new bonded DGX. May pick a few boxes up and try them and hold a box or two for your hunt. Then if some of the others come available before your hunt atleast you have some practice ammo in the mean time.

I will be at SCI and plan to talk with a few of the manufactures and see when they plan to run some new lots of ammo.
it seems hornady is just starting to now as I heard first quarter of 2022 they where to run the big bore Safari calibers again like 416,450/400,450,470,500 ect on the other hand I have also hear swift is having supply issues and will only get around to running there Aframes in the bigger stuff mid year. I will try to confirm first hand from then ad the show and get back.
I have been on the ammo hunt and talking with some of the makers as I’m in the middle of having a new Heym 450/400 built and also own a 375 I’m running low on stock for.

Makes one wonder why the good ones are all sold out....

Makes one wonder why the good ones are all sold out....

i don't disagree. however, better bullets do you no good if you can't get em.

lucky for me, i hoard bullets when i can get em, so.... i'm good on what i need

@Bigugly, btw, i think hornady DGX BONDED are a decent bullet for heavy use. i have had good luck with them. as IVW and others have noted, there are better bullets out there, swift a frames and north fork bullets come to mind, but the hornady bullets had a bad rap, justifiably. they fixed their bullets, and the bonded bullets work pretty well.

Last edited:
Federal premium is currently available on their site..

I just checked their website. I'm really surprised at the number of AVAILABLE cartridges they currently have. But, with some of the Safari offerings, one will have to take out a loan to afford them. I guess it is what it is at this point in time. Thanks for sharing this with us.

So i would like to hear an update on the DGX BONDED Bullitt by Hornady.

Anyone try this bonded version on Buffalo? Specifically .375 H&H?

I know there are a lot of Fans of the A Frame and the TBBC but im just curious on this one. Have they improved any?
This past July I took my Cape buffalo with them in incredible weight retention and effectiveness

Worked great for me on Buffalo last August. I have pics in my media feed showing the devastating effect on buffalo, though it was with a .500 NE, not a rat caliber ;)

Rat Caliber??? :) your killin me...........

Last edited:
I have a contact at federal who says that any direct dealer ordered today is being quoted mid 2024 delivery. 2024! Now that is not caliber specific of course but it shows you the state of todays ammunition market. It doesn't give me confidence. The Hornady ammunition seems to be whats available at the shop/dealer level.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you