Holland and Holland Aperture sight windage adjustment

Frederik, are you going to have the front sight replaced? It being bent to the left isn't helping matters.

@Scrumbag That is exactly what I am contemplating doing, I would love the sight that comes with the cocking piece from Prechtl-Waffen, but it doesn't look like they sell to the public.
I think it might be easier to buy it from John and look for an old Turkish Mauser with the longer cocking piece and have it fitted to that.

I don't know if John sells his sights with cocking pieces.

Cheers

@Scrumbag That is exactly what I am contemplating doing, I would love the sight that comes with the cocking piece from Prechtl-Waffen, but it doesn't look like they sell to the public.
I think it might be easier to buy it from John and look for an old Turkish Mauser with the longer cocking piece and have it fitted to that.

I don't know if John sells his sights with cocking pieces.

Cheers

@Frederik Badenhorst , sorry for the slow reply my friend.

He prefers to send to a gunsmith as the new longer cocking piece needs fitting with the sear / safety and he doesn't want to sell something that might go off. Herr Prechtl is quite helpful though.

This is the cocking piece sight on my FN Commercial 9.3x62

aoprl0a.jpg

Z4IJRph.jpg

And the rifle in entirity

xUgFm59.jpg

The red dot option might work for you as doesn't need any alteration to the rifle if you have a dovetail on your barrel for an iron sight.

Scrummy

Attachments

• aoprl0a.jpg
    aoprl0a.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 72
  • xUgFm59.jpg
    xUgFm59.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
  • Z4IJRph.jpg
    Z4IJRph.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you