Holland and Holland 375 Magazine Rifle guidance/opinions

The gun is in a wonderful condition and I cannot imagine that there will be any issues shooting it

The rear peep sight flips down so that you can utilize the express sights

The express sights has 2 flip down blades marked 150 and 300 yards respectively, leading me to assume that the peep was used as the primary 100 yard sight

92146C03-C1A0-4F40-9F57-FC94861B14CE.jpeg

I understand the rimless to be roughly an 8x57 necked up to .375--a useful game getter but not a heavyweight for DG, for sure. Lovely rifle, though.
I should have paid closer attention to the original description. That is correct - if this is in fact a .375 rimless, it is, in effect, a 9x57 MS (Mannlicher Schoenauer). It will be a superb boar or red stag rifle - what it would have been created to hunt. It would also be fine as a PG rifle within its range limitations. It would not be effective anywhere, or legal most places for DG. Though with good optics, it would be fine for leopard. Ammunition will be a challenge.

Last edited:
The .375 Rimless Nitro Express is the same as the 9.5x57 Mauser/9.5 x56 Mannlicher Schönauer (same die sets).

This specific gun is marked as 375 Magnum 2.85” thus a 375 H&H Belted Magnum

The .375 Rimless Nitro Express is the same as the 9.5x57 Mauser/9.5 x56 Mannlicher Schönauer (same die sets).

This specific gun is marked as 375 Magnum 2.85” thus a 375 H&H Belted Magnum
Good news.

After further inspection the rifle carries a London proof mark- the V with a crown over top as well as the Birmingham proof mark of BNP with crown that was adopted post 1954

What do you guys think? Was the gun reproofed?

Gorgeous rifle! BTW, those are some very nice die/shell holders. Your design???

Between 1945 and 1957 , Holland & Holland also built countless .375 Holland & Holland Magnums on Pattern - 14 Enfield actions . Today , these are among the rarest of them all . The only feature which I personally dislike about them , is the alloy magazine .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,