Hippopotamus Pictures

Benin Hippo Drone Arial View

full

full

full

It is always nice and exciting to hunt hippos, it is a big beast and a beautiful trophy. Once you get in the hippo pool they look placid and it is like nothing will happen... But you all know that they can be aggressive and dangerous. Well, I did experience some hot situation in Tanzania but never had to kill one in self defense...
That particular morning last April in Benin, a client and I followed by the 2 trackers and a cameraman went to look for one of the big bull I know. We were looking for one on the bank of the pool. Carefully we walked along the pool checking every patch of grass. Half an hour later we spotted one but we could not judge. We were between the beast and the pool !!! so we moved behind the only tree (12 '' diameter) and wait. He started to move on the left and suddenly ran flat out towards the water... he was now at about 20 yards...still in the grass. and, he decided to come right to us. It is impressive to see that big beast, mouth open ready to bite you coming at 30 km/h.... I had to shoot him in self defense at 4 yards.... quite an experience for the team...
About an hour later the second team joined us and we shot another big bull... we have great and unusual picture of hippo double......

DSC08546.JPG
IMG_9098.jpg
DSC08525.JPG
DSC08496.JPG
DSC07733.jpg
DSC07744.JPG
IMG_8996.jpg
DSC08486.JPG
DSC08488.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0528.PNG
Here's a pic I took while on photo safari in Kenya. It was early and the low light was perfect. There are no filters on this pic. Cheers

Thank you for sharing these newest pictures. I leave in two weeks on a hippo hunt.

full

full

full

full

full

full

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg