Hippo Hunting

redivan32

Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hey guys,

I'm new to the hunting game (only animal I've taken was a boar on a hunting farm- hardly a thrilling event) and I'm trying to fufill a childhood dream of mine.

I want to take a hippo. I want a big fat hippo to put on my wall and maybe get an upholsterer friend of mine to turn into a chair for me. I've done my research and the majority of hippo hunts are in conjunction with a crocodile hunt and ridiculously expensive.

I'm a college student, I dont have that much money but I've saved enough that I think I may be able to pull this off. Are there any outfitters out there who can put together a reasonably priced hippo trip? I'm not interested in taking any other animal, and I don't need extraordinarily comfortable living arrangements, a tent and some good food and I'm happy.

Anyone out there who can help me?

Thanks!

-Steve

"Marty" has advertised Hippo hunting.
PM him and ask what he knows.

Steve

Welcome to AH...

If you want a real trophy make sure you shoot an old battle scared veteran..

not a pen raised 4 to 6 year old hippo...

hippo hunt

Just send you a pm i do have a hippo for this year only at a crazy price and it is not a hippo on a farm or in a small pond.

Thanks guys for all the responses!

I probably should add I'm looking at a hunt for the 2012-2013 season, I'm a bit busy this november and don't think I could make it the Africa haha

Hey guys,

I'm new to the hunting game (only animal I've taken was a boar on a hunting farm- hardly a thrilling event) and I'm trying to fufill a childhood dream of mine.

I want to take a hippo. I want a big fat hippo to put on my wall and maybe get an upholsterer friend of mine to turn into a chair for me. I've done my research and the majority of hippo hunts are in conjunction with a crocodile hunt and ridiculously expensive.

I'm a college student, I dont have that much money but I've saved enough that I think I may be able to pull this off. Are there any outfitters out there who can put together a reasonably priced hippo trip? I'm not interested in taking any other animal, and I don't need extraordinarily comfortable living arrangements, a tent and some good food and I'm happy.

Anyone out there who can help me?

Thanks!

-Steve

Greetings Steve,
Good luck with the studies.
may i suggest you change your priorities to "a good tent and some food..." You gotta have priorities in Africa mate

Steve,
have look at our website, Hunting in Namibia
Our Dzoti hunting block in Caprivi Namibia comprises 50% of wetland / swampy area. On the islands we get to do some excellent stalking for Hippo and shoot them on land! It is a thrilling experience waking a Big, mean, battle scared Hippo bull from his midday nap.... suddenly standing 15 to 30 yards next to such a beast creates memories and dirty underwear!!!
Don't worry, camp staff are used to cleaning the underwear and they wont tell on you (us)!
We might be able to work out a student package.
Regards

Steve,
have look at our website, Hunting in Namibia
Our Dzoti hunting block in Caprivi Namibia comprises 50% of wetland / swampy area. On the islands we get to do some excellent stalking for Hippo and shoot them on land! It is a thrilling experience waking a Big, mean, battle scared Hippo bull from his midday nap.... suddenly standing 15 to 30 yards next to such a beast creates memories and dirty underwear!!!
Don't worry, camp staff are used to cleaning the underwear and they wont tell on you (us)!
We might be able to work out a student package.
Regards

Sounds more challenging than hunting one in a dried up river bed in a "pond".
Good thing laundry is included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg