Hippo hunt

We do hippo hunts on the Zambezi, but at present hippo can't be exported from Mozambique. 7 day hunt @750$ a day, trophy fee 3500$.

Yes, at present, hopefully the govt will get their paperwork in order.

i would say in SA the going rate is between $6k- $7500, but be carefull there are outfitters that sell PAC animals as CITES ones. Get some references and do your homework on the operator
All the best

wild in the luangwa river. that is only the day rate and trophy fee , so there is getting there etc. if you want me to send you the full breakdown and cost pm me your email and i will put it together. cheers ps would you be interested in a croc at the same time?

Last edited:
@Amon458 the price i stated above is only trophy fee! Daily rates need to be added
If you want to send me a pm and i can give you a full breakdown!!
All the best

Hey I have seen the package animals mentioned a few times now. What is the deal with this? By the way people mention it I assume it is not a popular choice.

A PAC animal is a Problem Animal Control hunt and are not normally exportable.

Thanks Jeff, that is what I thought. So the main problem is misrepresentation of the ability to export?

I find it intriguing that a PAC or DCA animal can be marketed in advance, and overseas....

Is this just me?

I find it intriguing that a PAC or DCA animal can be marketed in advance, and overseas....

Is this just me?

Nope, I was thinking the exact same thing.

OK Jaco, now I see the problem. Thanks for the response guys didn't mean to hijack the thread. I only asked because very early in my planning phase I found multiple SA outfits offering me a hippo hunt with archery gear (a peronal dream). Many said the word pac, I was told it was illegal so I moved on to different outfitters.

No problem kai and I don't want to do a night hunt crop raid hunt just meet a large bill on land early in the morning or evening that's reasonably priced.

Is this just me?

Jaco Jaco Jaco, some people are gifted!!!:A Construction:
They can see a problem coming long before it is going to happen!!

How much does a hippo hunt cost and does it cost more to do it on land?

Amon,

You can hunt hippo in Benin, west Africa...
Trophy fee is 1550 €
You can PM me for more details.
Best
Christophe

Attachments

• DSC00848.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 166

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg