Hippo chasing speedboat!

Amazing that he was running that fast on the bottom and breached like that. He would have been in that boat.
His wake was a long way behind him.

Very cool video. Thanks for sharing that.

Our boat got bumped by a hippo in the Queen Elizabeth national park but Im not gonna lie...I would have **** myself if this happened!

that is a true African experience
them aquatic pigs sure can move through the water ....
you wouldn't want to be in a kayak ...........

They scare the hell out of me. In the Caprivi a couple of years ago, we were in a 16 foot, and thankfully wide, flat-bottom skiff powered by a 45 hp outboard. At dusk, on the way in from a day of hunting, one threw his shoulder into us while we were moving through a channel at some speed. Never saw him till he launched - then we did. Somehow, everyone stayed in the boat and nothing material flew out. I do not exaggerate to say the whole boat was airborne. Fortunately, he decided the one tap was enough.

dont mess with a hippo in the water! :eek:

one day i will hunt one of these.

-matt

you wouldn't want to be in a kayak ...........

Had to check my shorts after she went under my Kayak. Thankfully, she did not have that Hippos attitude.

WPB ORCA FISHING.jpg

now that's a Canadian moment .
ive never encounted a whale in anything under a 20 metres boat .
but that ,what you got to do . is real,real cool , bricko .
did youse make eye contact?
ive had eye to eye contact with atleast 7 whales ,while at sea .
its the single most humbling experience in my life ............

now that's a Canadian moment .
ive never encounted a whale in anything under a 20 metres boat .
but that ,what you got to do . is real,real cool , bricko .
did youse make eye contact?
ive had eye to eye contact with atleast 7 whales ,while at sea .
its the single most humbling experience in my life ............

It was pretty amazing after I got over the surprise.
I was paddling like hell to get in front of her for some pictures and as I turned broadside she was within ten feet and coming. She just dipped under the Kayak within a few feet.
I could have touched her with my paddle.
No eye contact this time. Another time.....

Great experiences.

Hit a big gator in a flat bootom with a 25hp on a bayou. I was riding on the bow. The bow came up and slap back down on the water. Hit it with the motor. It started rolling, we waited around a while but it never came back up.

I had no earthly idea that they were that fast. Man if you were in the water it would times UP!

That's a show of power.... wow....

While we were tiger fishing I foul hooked a hippo. It was swimming upstream and it amazed me at how fast it could go against the current, but that....

That's a show of power.... wow....

While we were tiger fishing I foul hooked a hippo. It was swimming upstream and it amazed me at how fast it could go against the current, but that....

You could not turn him!? Need a better rod and some tough line.

You could not turn him!? Need a better rod and some tough line.

She was hooked in the side of the head and never even knew it. LOL

Walked/swam on the bottom and then finally came up. Knew I wasn't reeling that one in for sure!

new type of fishing: dangerous game fishing. move over sharks we are fishing for hippo!

what sort of rod/reel and line would one need to go hippo fishing?

-matt

Foul hooked a hippo!!! hahahaha!:LOL:

We have had a couple of incidents with hippo's biting and 'nudging' our fishing boats on Lake Tanganyika.
i have been chased by hippo, quite similar to how that video went, its not funny when you're in the moment, and hit full throttle as soon as i realized it was coming at us. luckily for us, all he got was exhaust fumes and bubbles to tickle his nose!

my dad and two friends were fishing the competition last year when a hippo came up and took a bite out of their boat, one of them was sitting at the back corner where the hippo came up and was only a couple of feet from him, it bit down and gouged the boat on that corner.
pretty sure he needed a change of shorts soon thereafter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross