High Grade Charles Daly 28 Bore Baby Frame Belgian O/U

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
6,446
Reaction score
14,876
Location
Wisconsin, behind the cheddar curtain
Media
153
Articles
2
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
This lovely baby frame 28 bore is a 98%+ condition gun, made in Belgium post-war. It has full coverage engraving, perfectly timed ejectors, and a greener crossbolt. It is a rare, diminutive action type and the gun weighs a mere 5lbs 8ounces making it a perfect gun for grouse and woodcock. It has a single trigger, 26-1/8" barrels, a matte rib, and a front and intermediate bead.

Very few of these guns were imported and this one is near new, having been used for a round of five stand by me and perhaps having been previously unused. 100% vibrant case colors. Barrels were made by Jean Falla per his proof mark on the tubes. There is some debate in the collector circles as to whether the guns were built for Daly by Auguste Francotte, Newman, or Masquellier in Belgium. In any regard, its a lovely European Daly smallbore on a tiny frame. 14" LOP through a silvers-type pad. Drop at comb is about 1-5/8" and Drop at Heel is about 2-1/2". My choke gauge doesn't measure 28 bores, but the patterns appeared to indicate Mod/Full chokes on the gun.

Shoots modern shells, but it has classic vintage style and weight!

The gun includes its French fitted mid-century canvas and leather case made in England by Brady.

Why spend $4000+ on a Miroku copy when you can own the real deal?

$6200 plus shipping in lower 48 States.

IMG_7235.jpg


IMG_7236.jpg


IMG_7237.jpg



IMG_7238.jpg

IMG_7239.jpg

IMG_7240.JPG

IMG_7241.JPG

IMG_7242.JPG

IMG_7243.JPG

IMG_7245.JPG


IMG_7234.jpg
 
This lovely baby frame 28 bore is a 98%+ condition gun, made in Belgium post-war. It has full coverage engraving, perfectly timed ejectors, and a greener crossbolt. It is a rare, diminutive action type and the gun weighs a mere 5lbs 8ounces making it a perfect gun for grouse and woodcock. It has a single trigger, 26-1/8" barrels, a matte rib, and a front and intermediate bead.

Very few of these guns were imported and this one is near new, having been used for a round of five stand by me and perhaps having been previously unused. 100% vibrant case colors. Barrels were made by Jean Falla per his proof mark on the tubes. There is some debate in the collector circles as to whether the guns were built for Daly by Auguste Francotte, Newman, or Masquellier in Belgium. In any regard, its a lovely European Daly smallbore on a tiny frame. 14" LOP through a silvers-type pad. Drop at comb is about 1-5/8" and Drop at Heel is about 2-1/2". My choke gauge doesn't measure 28 bores, but the patterns appeared to indicate Mod/Full chokes on the gun.

Shoots modern shells, but it has classic vintage style and weight!

The gun includes its French fitted mid-century canvas and leather case made in England by Brady.

Why spend $4000+ on a Miroku copy when you can own the real deal?

$6200 plus shipping in lower 48 States.

View attachment 538082

View attachment 538083

View attachment 538084


View attachment 538085
View attachment 538086
View attachment 538087
View attachment 538088
View attachment 538089
View attachment 538090
View attachment 538091

View attachment 538092
Amazing condition!
Great pictures and description.
 
OMG :love::love::love::love::love: I have a very similar Charles Daly 12 bore that was my grandfather's. The case is long gone but wow how awesome would it be to have a sister gun in 28!
 
OMG :love::love::love::love::love: I have a very similar Charles Daly 12 bore that was my grandfather's. The case is long gone but wow how awesome would it be to have a sister gun in 28!


@gizmo its a lovely gun. As you are aware, about 96% of all guns ever made were 12 bore. The remaining 4% were all others. 28 Bore is one of the rarest. Compounding that, usually gun companies go cheap and use a 16 or 20 gauge action to make a fatty, overweight 28 gauge. Not this one, its literally a tiny little 28 gauge over/under that is one in a million.

@Luvthunt its a non-selectable trigger. Your first shot is mod, your second shot is full. Works for about 90% of applications.
 
@gizmo its a lovely gun. As you are aware, about 96% of all guns ever made were 12 bore. The remaining 4% were all others. 28 Bore is one of the rarest. Compounding that, usually gun companies go cheap and use a 16 or 20 gauge action to make a fatty, overweight 28 gauge. Not this one, its literally a tiny little 28 gauge over/under that is one in a million.

@Luvthunt its a non-selectable trigger. Your first shot is mod, your second shot is full. Works for about 90% of applications.
Buddy if I had the funds that would come home with me.
 
Beautiful gun. I have become highly enamored of the 28 ga.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
51,496
Messages
1,073,948
Members
87,875
Latest member
Doortodoorviet002
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

hunt 65 wrote on flyfishdoc's profile.
Hey Flyfish-
Have interest in the Chapuis. Would like to see more assembled pics if possible, i know its a beautiful firearm!
Also, could you use other ammo such as Barnes etc...
Thanks, Neil
hunt 65 wrote on DonPablo's profile.
Also, more pics of female #2(black ticked). Thanks, Neil
hunt 65 wrote on DonPablo's profile.
Could you send me some more pics of the Dam(weight?) and Sire, front rear and side pics., looking for a smaller female, with ticking. thanks Don
Neil
hunt 65 wrote on 500jeffery's profile.
Please let me know the status of the Sako 500J, thanks again
2 more jackal , one was a big male!

 
Top