Historically, how common were 7x64 and 9.3x57?

I thought they only hunt 3 bird species and rabbit and hare in Netherlands?
You are correct that those are the 5 game species that can be "hunted." It is just how they want to call it. Because besides the game species, that have a hunting season.
There a also species that can be " managed" during different seasons by those who manage them. Those species are fallow deer, mouflon, roe deer, Red deer and in certain areas wild boar. I for example help managing the roe deer population. The only one of the "manage" species in our area.

Than there are the pest species like in many areas the wild boar, crow, fox, canada goose etc. And species where you need a special permit from your provincial government or a written directive. For example some geese species, marters etc.

Thinking about history and our perceptions of history. I suspect that the 7x64 was used quite a lot by German, Dutch, Portuguese and other European colonists and explorers since the cartridge was introduced. But for most members on Africa Hunting forums, English is our first language and so English written history dominates what we know. I bet that a review of explorers journals and traders accounts written in the "other" languages ( including Afrikaans ) would reveal a popularity not previously obvious to us anglophones.

Thinking about history and our perceptions of history. I suspect that the 7x64 was used quite a lot by German, Dutch, Portuguese and other European colonists and explorers since the cartridge was introduced. But for most members on Africa Hunting forums, English is our first language and so English written history dominates what we know. I bet that a review of explorers journals and traders accounts written in the "other" languages ( including Afrikaans ) would reveal a popularity not previously obvious to us anglophones.
You might be right, but certainly 7x64 was well known in the British colonies / protectorates / areas of influence including Bechuanaland, both the Rhodesia's and the Union of South Africa as an effective chambering.

Scrummy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!