Hi to all AH Members

Jörg Krüger

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa
My name is Joerg and from South Africa.

This is my first time posting, but an avid AH reader for some time.
Originally from Windhoek but living in Cape Town now for many years.(But Namibia will always have a soft spot in my hart).

I hunt with my 308 Norma Magnum but I see an 6.5x55 in my future.

Anyway, I am glad I finally made the leap to post and chat a bit more with the members.

Cheers

gesch

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
Hunted
WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
Welcome to this great site! I have been to Namibia two times and will be going in April for the third visit. I understand why you love Namibia!! Please tell us more about some of your hunts. Thanks.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Joerg, glad you decided to participate! We would love to read a report and see some pictures of your hunts! The 308 Norma Mag is an excellent round, but when you get the 6.5x55 you will enjoy shooting it more I suspect.

Jörg Krüger

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa
Thanks Gesch.
You are right, this is an awesome site.
April is a really nice time of the year to come over, but then again anytime is a good time to visit good old Nam:giggle:.
I am not a trophy hunter but an freezer hunter. The hunts in SA are on a buddy's Farm just in the Northern Cape district(Klein Karoo). Difficult hunting there as there are only small bushes and hardly any trees. Species hunted there were Springbok, Gemsbok and Blue Wildebeest.

Namibia hunting has been mostly on my Family's farm about 30km past the Airport, and a cull hunt close to the Khomas Hochland . Species hunted were Springbok, Gemsbok, Red Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra and Warthog.

Cheers

Jörg Krüger

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa
Thanks Ridgewalker,
I truly love my 308 Norma, but it can be punishing to shoot sometimes(and expensive)

Cheers

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Welcome aboard!

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Welcome aboard Jorg. I like your choice of rifles. I became a big fan of the 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser (both the rifle and the cartridge) back in 1995. The 308 Norma Mag is a relatively new member of my firearms battery. In order to get the best performance out of a 6.5 x 55 you will have to reload for it. In the meantime Norma's 156 Gr Factory Oryx and Hornady's 140 Gr. SST are head and shoulders above the competition.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Hi Joerg, welcome to AH !

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
GOA, RMGO, FRGC, SCI, DSC
Hunted
US: CO, ID, MT, NY, OR, VA, WA, WY
Welcome to AH Joerg!

gesch

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
Hunted
WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
Thanks Gesch.
You are right, this is an awesome site.
April is a really nice time of the year to come over, but then again anytime is a good time to visit good old Nam:giggle:.
I am not a trophy hunter but an freezer hunter. The hunts in SA are on a buddy's Farm just in the Northern Cape district(Klein Karoo). Difficult hunting there as there are only small bushes and hardly any trees. Species hunted there were Springbok, Gemsbok and Blue Wildebeest.

Namibia hunting has been mostly on my Family's farm about 30km past the Airport, and a cull hunt close to the Khomas Hochland . Species hunted were Springbok, Gemsbok, Red Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra and Warthog.

Cheers
Thanks. I hunted about 100 km east of international airport in Namibia. I am sitting in a tree stand in Wisconsin USA waiting for a Whitetail buck to show up! I shot a doe for meat last saturday. I sm using my Ruger M77 Mark II in 300 Win Mag. I know it is s bit too much gun but I may have knocked the scope on my Rem 700 in 270 last week so I don’t want to chance bad shooting when the buck shows up. Thanks for joining and writing a bit. Your new friend, Brian

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Welcome to AH!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Welcome to the posting side!

Jörg Krüger

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa
Thanks. I hunted about 100 km east of international airport in Namibia. I am sitting in a tree stand in Wisconsin USA waiting for a Whitetail buck to show up! I shot a doe for meat last saturday. I sm using my Ruger M77 Mark II in 300 Win Mag. I know it is s bit too much gun but I may have knocked the scope on my Rem 700 in 270 last week so I don’t want to chance bad shooting when the buck shows up. Thanks for joining and writing a bit. Your new friend, Brian
Hi Brian,
Happy hunting. I don't think that there is ever too much gun:giggle:. Although I know the 300 Winny(like the 308 Norma) can make a bit of a mess sometimes. But I gladly loose a kg of meat for a quicker kill. Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck and straight shooting on your hunt
Cheers

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia

Jörg Krüger

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa
Thanks again for all the wishes.
Unluckily I lost most of my pictures due to a hard drive meltdown :X3:. But I made a couple of these
20201128_065259.jpg

Velo Dog

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member.
Hunted
Africa 5 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.
Hello Jorg Kruger,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Velo Dog

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member.
Hunted
Africa 5 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.
Hello Jorg Kruger,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcelrateus

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation