Hi from sunny South Africa

Welcome Pietro!

Pietro, I have a software program called QuickLoad. With it I can "simulate" what might be expected from using different types of powders, bullets and respective weights. I just did a workup for a 458 Lott (with a 24" barrel" using the Peregrine 500 Gr. VRG3 and RL15. It shows a MAX load of 79.3 Gr. producing 2284 FPS. Start with loads lower than that and work up depending on pressure signs. BTW do you have a Chronograph? Hopefully others that actually use the components you named will be able to give you actual rather than theoretical information.

Pietro, I have a software program called QuickLoad. With it I can "simulate" what might be expected from using different types of powders, bullets and respective weights. I just did a workup for a 458 Lott (with a 24" barrel" using the Peregrine 500 Gr. VRG3 and RL15. It shows a MAX load of 79.3 Gr. producing 2284 FPS. Start with loads lower than that and work up depending on pressure signs. BTW do you have a Chronograph? Hopefully others that actually use the components you named will be able to give you actual rather than theoretical information.
Thanks a stack for running it through your program, this helps me a lot! I unfortunately do not have a chronograph, but I am able to use one at our local gun range. I will try starting at around 74 grains and work my way up from there.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Pietro, welcome. Are any of your rifles doubles?

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site and we look forward to you sharing your stories!

welcome welcome welcome

Thanks a stack for running it through your program, this helps me a lot! I unfortunately do not have a chronograph, but I am able to use one at our local gun range. I will try starting at around 74 grains and work my way up from there.
Hi Shootist43, I have finally received my license for the 458Lott. I have loaded 74 grains of RL 15 with the 500grain Peregrine VRG3's and will be at the range on Thursday. Will report back as soon as I have the results. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois