Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Pietro, I have a software program called QuickLoad. With it I can "simulate" what might be expected from using different types of powders, bullets and respective weights. I just did a workup for a 458 Lott (with a 24" barrel" using the Peregrine 500 Gr. VRG3 and RL15. It shows a MAX load of 79.3 Gr. producing 2284 FPS. Start with loads lower than that and work up depending on pressure signs. BTW do you have a Chronograph? Hopefully others that actually use the components you named will be able to give you actual rather than theoretical information.

Pietro

Reaction score
Member of
SAHGCA
Pietro, I have a software program called QuickLoad. With it I can "simulate" what might be expected from using different types of powders, bullets and respective weights. I just did a workup for a 458 Lott (with a 24" barrel" using the Peregrine 500 Gr. VRG3 and RL15. It shows a MAX load of 79.3 Gr. producing 2284 FPS. Start with loads lower than that and work up depending on pressure signs. BTW do you have a Chronograph? Hopefully others that actually use the components you named will be able to give you actual rather than theoretical information.
Thanks a stack for running it through your program, this helps me a lot! I unfortunately do not have a chronograph, but I am able to use one at our local gun range. I will try starting at around 74 grains and work my way up from there.

Kevin Peacocke

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Hi Pietro, welcome. Are any of your rifles doubles?

TRAVEL EXPRESS

Sponsor
Since 2010
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.travelexpressagency.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site and we look forward to you sharing your stories!

Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.tallyho.co.za
Media
Member of
SCI, PHASA, SA Wingshooters
welcome welcome welcome

Pietro

Reaction score
Member of
SAHGCA
Thanks a stack for running it through your program, this helps me a lot! I unfortunately do not have a chronograph, but I am able to use one at our local gun range. I will try starting at around 74 grains and work my way up from there.
Hi Shootist43, I have finally received my license for the 458Lott. I have loaded 74 grains of RL 15 with the 500grain Peregrine VRG3's and will be at the range on Thursday. Will report back as soon as I have the results. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimOFerral

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh