Hi from South Africa

Welcome to AH! Where in KZN are you? I spent a few days hunting near Nottingham Road, beautiful country.

Reactions: cal
Welcome aboard Cal, based on your intro you are "gonna" fit right in with this bunch. What kind and caliber rifles do you own? Any previous hunts you'd like to share with us?

Welcome to AH! Where in KZN are you? I spent a few days hunting near Nottingham Road, beautiful country.
Hi Phil. I live really close to Nottingham Road! My local shooting range is just outside of the town. It is a lovely area. What were you hunting? And with who?

Welcome aboard Cal, based on your intro you are "gonna" fit right in with this bunch. What kind and caliber rifles do you own? Any previous hunts you'd like to share with us?
Thanks! I'm sure I will!
My go to plains game rifle is a .300 Win Mag made by Sako. Lovely wooden stock and mounted a Zeiss victory 3-12 on it. My newest addition is a .404 Jeffery made by Heym. Our lengthy licensing procedure is testing my patience, it arrived in the country in January and I still haven't even seen it. Cannot wait to get my hands on it! On previous buff hunts I have used .375 H&H and .416 Rem Mag.
I will put some pen to paper (finger to keyboard) and load some pictures of previous memorable hunts when I have some time to do it properly. Busy on the farm at the moment!

Hi Phil. I live really close to Nottingham Road! My local shooting range is just outside of the town. It is a lovely area. What were you hunting? And with who?

See my signature for who I was hunting with. Jacques @JKO Hunting Safaris has access to a number of properties. Who exactly had what, I don't know. But we hunted Vaal Rhebok, Common Reedbuck and Bushbuck in that area. We hunted on low fence private farms. The Common Reedbuck was somewhat similar to whitetail hunting here, they both like corn.

Welcome to this great forum @cal! Enjoy the site!

Welcome to AH cal! Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the site!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpstracking

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg