Hi From Queensland Australia

Shooter65

Reaction score
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Montana USA, BC Canada
Hi
My name is Chris and i have just joined the forums, I am 47 and have been hunting and shooting since i 6 when i spent all my spare time in the bush with my father. It will be great going through all the information everyone has posted as i have just started planing a hunting trip to Africa in about 18 months time.

Cheers Chris

Yippee..another upside-down person.. :welcome: to AH Chris.

Hi Chris welcome to the AH.

Welcome to AH Chris!

Good luck with your planning Chris.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH, Chris !

Welcome to AH, Chris!

Welcome to AH Chris! Enjoy the site and good luck with the planning. If you have any questions just fire away and we'll try to answer them the best we can.

gday chriss welcome and enjoy the site
where abouts in queensland are you ?
great to have another aussie in the ranks .
never have to many of us upsidedowner type blokes on here
as far as your planning goes ,fella you have made a wise choice coming on here
there lots of experience and knowledge to be learned from these gents:beer:

The Missus and kids live in Brisbane, And i spend most of my time our our cattle properties we own in the SW Darling Downs and a lot of time across southern Qld as a wild dog trapper.

Welcome Chris. My wife is dying for me to take her to Australia one day. I'm trying to figure out how to hunt one of your buffalo in the process!!

Welcome From Minnesota USA

G'day Chris and welcome. You'll find this a great site. Lots of helpful people here who will make that 18 month wait a bit more bearable. Where in Africa you planning to hunt and what species?

I am looking at the area in northern South Africa up around the Botswana border. And the game i would want to go after are Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Gemsbok, Blesbok, Sable and Buffalo. At the moment i am working on rifles to take, I currently own a Sauer S202 Forest in 9.3x62 and a Ruger 77 in .338win mag and one of these would go with me and Ruger No1 in 458 win mag with i would leave at home. As i am looking at ordering a Heym B88 in either the PH or Safari model in the next week or two, I just have to finalize the caliber. In a perfect world i would like to get the Heym B88 with 2 sets of barrels, one in 375H&H belted and another set in either 450/400, 450NE, 470NE and this is the research i am looking into at the present time.

Again thank for the welcome
Cheers Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris. Sounds like you have a plan of action,,, now the easy part will be deciding which barrels to get for your Heym88 :laughing: (Just kidding) you will have fun deciding. All that you mentioned would be great choices. Enjoy the planning process and keep us posted of which barrels you go with.

Hi Chris. Welcome to the forum. I am 47 also and found a great deal of information on this forum to plan my first safari this last August. Let us know about your planning and the outffiter you select since we are seriously considering going back to Africa next summer in the Northern part of RSA.

Welcome!

welcome aboard fellow cane toad!
If it possible there is also too much info on this site, but any question you ever need answered this is the place for it. Hope your attending the ADA show in October, I will be there with a booth for my friend's safari business. Good luck with the firearm choice, looks like your quite spoilt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeCast

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg