Hi from middle Tennessee!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome welcome welcome

Hi y'all! Very glad to be here. I lurked & learned for the longest time, but I figured I probably ought to get signed up.

My names Rob, I'm an English ex-pat now living in middle Tennessee. I grew up hearing my of Grandfather's, infrequently discussed, time in North Africa in the early 1940s. He wasn't really there to hunt, per-se, but he managed a few pot filling trips!
My childhood was spent nose deep in books about Jim Corbett, Sasha Siemels, F.C Selous & Karamojo Bell & I always dreamt of taking a grand, months long African safari, or becoming a Shikari in India. I realized pretty soon that I'd been born around 150 years too late for that, so decided to be a mountain man instead. Discovering I had the same problem in that professional avenue, I figured if have to settle for rabbits & squirrel until I was old enough for grander adventures.

My wife & I picked up & moved to the US in 2009, primarily so I had better access to hunting & fishing without all the legal & financial hassle of trying to do that in England (do NOT tell her that! ) & I've been at it constantly since then. I primarily hog hunt, although deer season & annual westerly trips to, mostly unsuccessfully, hunt elk do occasionally intervene.

I finally achieved my dream of an African hunt in 2008, with a week hunting with Piet Mostert & Lukas Holtzhausen at Afrika Jag safaris in Namibia. I had a mostly successful hunt, all done with a traditional bow, that was only slightly soured by the company I was with at the time. One day I'll go back by myself!

Aaanyhow.... I'm really glad to be here & hope to learn a lot more!
Welcome to AH! Without a doubt the best site there is to discuss African Hunting.

I live in Michigan and do frequent hunts out west and have done 3 trips to Africa. Got a couple more in the works.

I assume you have done unguided elk hunts. That is definately a hard road to hoe to be successful.
Do you collect points for the western states or just been hunting Over The Counter elk tags?

Nice to have you on the site.

Welcome to AH! Without a doubt the best site there is to discuss African Hunting.

I live in Michigan and do frequent hunts out west and have done 3 trips to Africa. Got a couple more in the works.

I assume you have done unguided elk hunts. That is definately a hard road to hoe to be successful.
Do you collect points for the western states or just been hunting Over The Counter elk tags?

Nice to have you on the site.
Thanks!
Yessir. All my forays out west have been self guided. I did OTC in Colorado one year, but the rest of the time, I've hunted Wyoming on cow/calf tags. I've been building bull points during that time & hopefully next year I'll be guaranteed a great unit. I should've been there this year on a General tag, but with the price of diesel & having several other trips planted, I withdrew my application.

Thanks!
Yessir. All my forays out west have been self guided. I did OTC in Colorado one year, but the rest of the time, I've hunted Wyoming on cow/calf tags. I've been building bull points during that time & hopefully next year I'll be guaranteed a great unit. I should've been there this year on a General tag, but with the price of diesel & having several other trips planted, I withdrew my application.
We I have a lot of experience with Wyoming. If you want any help picking the unit to burn your points in, PM me.

You building points in CO or anyplace else? My son and I are hunting Pronghorn in CO in Oct and deer in Saskatchewan in Nov

We I have a lot of experience with Wyoming. If you want any help picking the unit to burn your points in, PM me.

You building points in CO or anyplace else? My son and I are hunting Pronghorn in CO in Oct and deer in Saskatchewan in Nov
Thanks! I've been consistently hunting the same couple of units for the last 8 years, trying to glean as much familiarity as possible. I had a successful hunt up there in 2019, but it's a 'travel corridor' unit. I'm sure there are elk there year round, but it's very difficult hunting & I can't get around in the mountains these days, like I could 10 years ago! I have a very good friend who's lived in the area his entire life, although he hasn't hunted the last 8 years (he's in his 70s) & I've picked his brains to pieces!

:S Welcome:

Rob is good people. I don't have much clout here, but Rob is a personal friend and one of my most frequent hunting companions. You'll likely catch him in the Classifieds section before long, so engage with confidence, as he is both fair and honest in dealings.

Welcome, Rob. I look forward to our planning (and spending) in conjunction.

Welcome to AH and the posting side! Nice to have you as part of our community and enjoy the forum.
Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

Welcome to AH! We look forward to you sharing your stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,