Hi from KZN South Africa

Thanks Wheels.....I am sure we will enjoy great topics together on AH
Warm Regards
Bill

Will do Brickburn...certainly will.....don't believe its as bad as some folks make out to be...but I will let you know how it goes....weather not looking good for tomorrow though.
Warm Regards,
Bill

I just shot a 450 and did not give it enough respect.
It knocked the air out of my right lung!

I'll never repeat that mistake. :)

Oh No! Brickburn....Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I just hope no one was pulling a prank on you with a hot load. I have downloaded my round to about 2350 to 2400 fps (as per Somchem manual). The bullet to be used is Hornandy 500gn Interlock. My Rifle was custom made by Jan Bondisio from JJ Wapens. The stock is African wild pear wood which is a hardy and heavy wood. The rifle is heavy standing in at 13.8 lb. and has a custom made suppressor that has been proofed at reducing recoil by 25% (How not sure). Weather permitting I will see if I can test and Chrony the rounds and will post the results.
Best Regards,
Bill

That sounds like it will serve you well. Almost 14 # will be plenty to soak up recoil.

AkMike I am confident that you are right....cant wait to try and experience it first hand.
Warm Regards,
Bill

That and your moderator will make it a heavy but docile set up I think.
I have a single shot 600 that weights 10.5# and with full loads it get very interesting quickly!

Welcome to AH Bill!

I just shot a 450 and did not give it enough respect.
It knocked the air out of my right lung!

I'll never repeat that mistake. :)

ha 6ft +++++and you cant handle a wussy .450 :think::wow::wow::shocked::elch::crying::crying::eyecrazy::loopy:;):shiner::biggrin2:.450!!:eek::bolt::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::sting::sting::goodbye::tongue::tongue::laughing::laughing::laughing:

sorry wayne i just had to get my own back about the credibility thing..................................:kissy:

ha 6ft +++++and you cant handle a wussy .450 :think::wow::wow::shocked::elch::crying::crying::eyecrazy::loopy:;):shiner::biggrin2:.450!!:eek::bolt::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::sting::sting::goodbye::tongue::tongue::laughing::laughing::laughing:

6ft+you mean 7+ you ever seen a picture of that sucker! He has to neel down to get his head out of the clouds! :rofl:

sorry wayne i just had to get my own back about the credibility thing..................................:kissy:

:shiner: It did feel a bit like that.

Just gives you some respect. Second shot was fine, but damn. A 450 is not a .270.

Welcome Bill, Quite a passel of armament! Do you have any desire for a sub 6mm rifle? It seems all African hunters lean toward the big stuff. I took a .17Fireball to RSA and had a lot of fun with it, springhares, steinbok, jackal and monkeys were taken quite easily with it. Good luck with your hunts!

Hi Hogpatrol,
Its always good to be in the company of fellow Hunters.....thanks. I would love to add a sub 6mm to my battery, but my licence quota is on max I think, and have only room for possibly one more...interesting have not heard of the .17 Fireball here in my neck of the woods...have read about the .17 in ....Ackley bee....Mach 4......Remington and 17-222....all very impressive varmint calibers...can you tell me more about the Fireball?
Warm Regards,
Bill

Hi Hogpatrol,
Its always good to be in the company of fellow Hunters.....thanks. I would love to add a sub 6mm to my battery, but my licence quota is on max I think, and have only room for possibly one more...interesting have not heard of the .17 Fireball here in my neck of the woods...have read about the .17 in ....Ackley bee....Mach 4......Remington and 17-222....all very impressive varmint calibers...can you tell me more about the Fireball?
Warm Regards,
Bill

Bill, the .17Fireball is Remington's updated .17 Mach 4. With the right bullet, it is a fur friendly caliber, goes in, explodes and little to no exit hole, at least on the larger animals. The springhares were smashed pretty bad though. Recoil is nil & you can observe your hits. Best, Hog

Gee that is awesome. Don't think its available in South Africa but I will check it out and let you know.
Warm Regards,
Bill

Hold on tight when you take it out.

Hi Brickburn, Shot 20 rounds of my reloads at the Ihawu indoor range this afternoon. Fitted my scope and bore sighted it. Rear base stated to come loose after the 4th round. Took the scope off and shot another 11 rounds just to get the hang of the rifle. The last 5 shots I managed to stay on target at 25 m. That's the max range there. Rifle recoil is not that bad at all. I took all shots standing in the freehold position.

460 WBY Target.jpg

I had searched that South Africa is great place to enjoy, as such discussion makes me to make a travel trip, uhh, working as software developer traveling is loved by my family too.
I had visited some informative blogs on it as I like here the wildlife enjoyment with the Mount. Kilimanjaro.. Hope one day i will make trip to this beautiful country.

I had searched that South Africa is great place to enjoy, as such discussion makes me to make a travel trip, uhh, working as software developer traveling is loved by my family too.
I had visited some informative blogs on it as I like here the wildlife enjoyment with the Mount. Kilimanjaro.. Hope one day i will make trip to this beautiful country.

Welcome to AH.
Please do start a thread and introduce yourself.

Hope you enjoy yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg