Hi from Central Europe

Jäger_Ivo

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a "young" hunter from the Central Europe and I have dreamed of hunting in Africa for many years. I have been following the forum for a long time and maybe in 3 years I will plan my first hunt in Africa. Until then, I will collect ideas, inspirations and...courage here. To begin with the destination and caliber, later personal experiences and recommendations with outfitters and PH's. You know it - every newbie's problems without the right friends

Welcome to the posting side. Great place to gather yourself.

Welcome to AH Jäger_Ivo!

Welcome to AH @Jäger_Ivo ! Tell us a bit about yourself, what and where have you hunted, and what species would most attract you in Africa ?

Welcome Jager!

I a
Hi, I am a "young" hunter from the Central Europe and I have dreamed of hunting in Africa for many years. I have been following the forum for a long time and maybe in 3 years I will plan my first hunt in Africa. Until then, I will collect ideas, inspirations and...courage here. To begin with the destination and caliber, later personal experiences and recommendations with outfitters and PH's. You know it - every newbie's problems without the right friends
I am from Croatia, so we are neighbors! ;)
Welcome to the forum!

Shoot any question you like, many of us will be glad to help you!

I'm so glad you are planning a trip to Africa! You will love it! Just be prepared...once will never be enough. My husband and I went to Tanzania a few years back and it was SUPPOSED to be our once-in-a-lifetime adventure. We have been back twice since. One thing is for sure. You definitely came to right place to get support and information. I've only been here a little over a week and am loving it so far. Good luck in your adventures and planning.

Welcome to AH @Jäger_Ivo ! Tell us a bit about yourself, what and where have you hunted, and what species would most attract you in Africa ?
I have been hunting for about 5 years in Austria and Slovakia, roe deer, red deer, wild boar. Most often cull/reduction hunt. In addition - hobby photographer, hobby knife maker, ex pistol sport shooter.

In Africa - something simple for the first time, try it, experience the atmosphere. Plains game. In a destination with easy accessibility and optimal prices, I mean Namibia or South Africa. Or another recommendation?
I'm attracted to the Big 5, but I'm a realist

Big 5? Realist?
What is the problem in planning big5?
Buffalo cow, lioness, tuskless elephant.
Not out of reach.

In first half of the XX century, they went for full bag safari big 5 included, with experience equal as yours, to uncharted Africa.
Today, many safaris are affordable.

But take a step at the time. Dont rush.
Start with plains game safari. Enjoy the ride.

Welcome Jager-Ivo, you will find lots of friends here, you have a great ambition to visit Africa.

Big 5? Realist?
What is the problem in planning big5?
Buffalo cow, lioness, tuskless elephant.
Not out of reach.

In first half of the XX century, they went for full bag safari big 5 included, with experience equal as yours, to uncharted Africa.
Today, many safaris are affordable.

But take a step at the time. Dont rush.
Start with plains game safari. Enjoy the ride.
I agree, you do not have to be a billionaire to hunt dangerous game.
It is a big sum sure, but not out of reach with some financial planning.

Safari's, in my case, are also a great motivator to look for ways to make some extra money on the side as well. My nett salary I divide over 25% house loan, 50% monthly expenses of various nature, 25% saving (this savings is also for non-hunting things, as I have a wife and a daughter to keep happy).

Side money however can go 100% to either reinvest or into hunting related things.

Giday Jäger_Ivo and welcome to the A H forums.

Hallo Ivo - willkommen/welcome!!!
Maybe we can discusse some questions also in German

Hallo Jager_Ivo,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I enjoy discussing rifles and bullet performance.
Others here enjoy this as well and many have more experience with shooting large animals than I do.
Anyway, myself and others here will be happy to talk about your plans with you.

If you already have a 7MM or, a .30 or, an 8MM, you are ready to hunt most animals in Africa.
Just use a heavy bullet for your caliber, shoot it accurately and you will enjoy great success.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH! I think there are lot of opportunities and options to hunt in Africa. Depends on how much money you have saved and your priorities (what animals you really want to hunt). Look at what you want to hunt, find the best native habitat to hunt that species and go from there.

Welkom! Dream big ! And share your stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!