Hi from Cali

Raceratb

Reaction score
Went to za last year, it was great! Note just trying to figure out shipping

Welcome to AH. What is it that you want information about?

I am bring back several completely taxidermied trophys, none are CITES, I live near LAX, so I am planning on meeting the shipment there and NOT using a broker (coppersmith). I spoke with CBP, and they said since its all finished taxidermy, and none of the animals are CITES, the carrier (turkish air) would notify USFWS and CBP, then me once they have inspected the shipment. That seems too easy... From some searching and the USFWS "Importing Personal Sport Hunted Trophies from Africa" I still need to fill out the 3-177. I've looked at the form, and it seems like something the shipping agent in ZA would have to complete since it needs information about the physical shipment.

Am I on the right track here? Is the 3-177 needed? Is/can it be filled out when I pick up, or only ahead of time?

Welcome to AH Raceratb!

Great to have you here, what's the story behind the taxidermy? We are all up for a good story. I just got back from Zambia, who did your taxidermy work?

I had the work done at safari taxidermy in south africa. Quite the impressively large operation they have.

The task now is to get them home without running a foul of any red tape. A call to USFWS cleared up some questions I had, now just waiting on safari cargo systems to coordinate the shipment.

Safari Cargo has done the majority of my shipments and I have not encountered any problems.
@Pieter Erasmus is a member of AH.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Raceratb! Nice to have you on the site.

Welcome sir. I personally would use an agent cause I feel their fees are very reasonable for avoiding the headache. Taxidermy and shipping are the lion share of cost. I've used SSI and coppersmith many times. Again welcome

Welcome......Raceratb
We would be more that happy to make your life simple....
You can give us a call at 845-943-5943
and we can use our LAX office...
Best
Robert

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH and good luck with the shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danpowder

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you