Hi Everyone! I'm Sue from Idaho..and hopelessly addicted to Africa!

Welcome to the forum Sue. I’ve listened to you on a few podcasts and loved hearing about your Africa experience’s. You can really feel your passion come through when you talk about Africa, you come off as very genuine and it was a pleasure listening to you.

Welcome to the forum Sue. I’ve listened to you on a few podcasts and loved hearing about your Africa experience’s. You can really feel your passion come through when you talk about Africa, you come off as very genuine and it was a pleasure listening to you.
Ahhh, thanks so much. I LOVE doing the podcasts. It gives me a chance to talk about Africa. Everybody near me is pretty sick of hearing about it. LOL!

Welcome Sue!
I think that your book is perfect gift for my (non hunting) wife!

Welcome to AH, you will find a friendly group of people. Will get a copy of your book and look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Welcome Sue—-all others Sue’s book is a must read!!!!!!
Thank you so much for the kind welcome! I appreciate it…and thanks for the shout out for Cries of the Savanna!

Welcome Sue!
I think that your book is perfect gift for my (non hunting) wife!
Thanks for the welcome Mark! And yes, I think you wife would love the book. I have to be honest. It might not be a book she would typically pick up to read because the backdrop is the hunt but I have found that once women read it they love it. I always ask the question at book clubs “would you have read the book on your own?” The answer is always NO. But the women—at least to my face —say the ended up loving it. They liked learning about the animals and feel like they get to know Lilian, Joel, Raphael and all the amazing people of Masimba Camp. Anyway, if she reads it, I would love to hear her thoughts afterwards. Happy holidays to you.

Thank you so much for the kind welcome! I appreciate it…and thanks for the shout out for Cries of the Savanna!

I’m sitting here reading it right now. Been a while since I have had time to read. Mother Nature has decided to dump more than a foot of snow last night and at least another half foot today. Power is out and I’ve already cleaned up the yard and driveway once this morning and had nothing to do. So I’m sitting here with a the fireplace lit reading a great book!

I’m sitting here reading it right now. Been a while since I have had time to read. Mother Nature has decided to dump more than a foot of snow last night and at least another half foot today. Power is out and I’ve already cleaned up the yard and driveway once this morning and had nothing to do. So I’m sitting here with a the fireplace lit reading a great book!
Wonderful....well not the power outage and foot of snow....but the good book you are reading by the fire! My husband is stranded in South Dakota right now. He was there pheasant hunting and they got dumped on too. He was supposed to head straight for a deer hunt but it got canceled too. He's not roughing it too bad though so I don't feel very sorry for him (he's still at the pheasant lodge). I just hope he makes it home before Christmas! Enjoy your time by the fire...and Merry Christmas. I hope you get your power back soon.

It is on Kindle Unlimited, so if you have that it is part of your subscription. I added it to my list of books to read.
YAY! YES...the book is FREE in Kindle Unlimited! I hope you enjoy it...and thanks for letting people know.

Several years ago, I “reluctantly” accompanied my husband on a big game hunting safari in remote Tanzania. The adventure literally changed my life! Listening to the haunting cries of lions and hyenas outside our tent was terrifying. Let’s just say the single cot my husband was sleeping on got WAY more crowded. Nevertheless, I came to treasure the blood-chilling sounds. I came to call it the African symphony -- a ghostly composition of chittering, chattering, cooing, cawing, shrieking, growling, and grunting. Here is another tidbit. I’m a non-hunter…and I was NOT thrilled about my husband hunting Africa’s spectacular wildlife. The experience, however, opened my eyes to truths I had never considered; I am now a passionate advocate of well-managed hunting. Ultimately, I made a promise to our female game scout that I would try to help others like me understand. That promise evolved into Cries of the Savanna. Although I never meant to be an author, that’s the focus of my life right now. As most of you know, one trip to Africa is NEVER enough. Rick and I have since gone to Namibia and Mozambique…and hope to keep returning. Anyway, I LOVE talking about Africa…so feel free to reach out with questions…or if you need help convincing a loved one to join you on safari!
Hello and welcome, Sue! I am reading your book right now actually and am trying to get others to read it. I think you state the case for hunitng in Africa very well and in a very relatable way. I have never been to Africa, but hope to go one day.

Welcome to AH Sue. My wife, a non-hunter, went with me on my first trip to hunt Africa and has been on each trip ever since. In fact, I think she enjoys Africa as much or more than I do.

Hello and welcome, Sue! I am reading your book right now actually and am trying to get others to read it. I think you state the case for hunitng in Africa very well and in a very relatable way. I have never been to Africa, but hope to go one day.
Ahh, thanks so much! I appreciate your saying that. I truly believe that when people understand Africa (as much as it can be understood) and recognize the complexities, common sense tells you everything you need to know. Facts and figures just don't register with people as much as stories do. At least, that is how it is for me. Thanks for trying to get others to read the book. When I got into the thick of this whole project, I was surprised how many hunters actually are against "trophy" hunting because they only hunt for sustenance. They don't realize that ZERO meat in Africa goes to waste, etc. Anyway, I really hope you make it to Africa one day. You will LOVE it. But be prepared....once will never be enough! Happy holidays to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg