Heym Model 89 in 500 NE

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
I was just informed that my new model 89 has cleared customs today and is at the importers store in Dallas! Ive been waiting a little over a year for this rifle to be completed so the news is very exciting. the next step is to have the rifle shipped to me in WA, which should hopefully be in the next week or so.

here are some quick cell phone pictures they sent me when the gun arrived. I was told they were on there way out so better pictures will have to wait till they have more time.

20180124_100639-01.jpg

20180124_100659.jpg

20180124_100704.jpg

20180124_100708.jpg

more pictures and details to come in the future.

-Matt

Last edited:
Nice Matt, the wait will be worth it. Just had to wait 6 months for a rifle myself.

Lovely rifle. Tasteful engraving and wonderful piece of wood - the grain flowing like it should through th wrist. Congrats.

She is a beautiful rifle!

Looks great, congrats!

Very, very nice. Will be interested in hearing how it shoots.

Very, very nice. Will be interested in hearing how it shoots.

Have no fear Matt will test this rifle with an eye to detail. I hope it lives up to his expectations!

Nice Matt!!!

Gorgeous rifle!

WOW, what a gorgeous looking rifle. Was that wood an up-grade or just the luck of the draw? For a new rifle that is one slick piece. I'd love to own it, but I'm not willing to sell everything already in my safe to do so. To say that I'm jealous would be an understatement. Do you already have a hunt booked for this beauty?

Glad to hear you almost have your rifle. It looks like it was well worth the wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg