AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Houston Safari Club, SCI,NRA
Hunted
Alaska, Mexico, Inuvik NWT, Canada, Yukon, BC, Argentina, Limpopo, SA,Namibia, Africa
Excellent Condition Heym Left Handed 500 NE Double rifle for Sale.
Included 58 ea Rounds 570 gr DGX Bonded
60 ea 570 gr DGS
28 rounds 500 NE 300 gr Barnes Downloaded bullets for practice.
Price is $15,000 Plus Shipping from Houston,Tx

IMG_0463.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0458.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG
IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to add I had a Mercury Recoil Reducer installed and makes the rifle feel 25% less recoil.

Beautiful wood on that Heym. Good luck on the sale; it shouldn’t last long.

Thanks for the compliment. The wood was also upgraded

Almost a duplicate of my Heym 88B in .500 NE. Good price, if I had not bought my lefty version last year I would have jumped on this. Not to mention factory ammo is hard to find.

A fellow lefty needs to go for it. ;)

Good luck.

Enough to make one wish he was a lefty. :confused: Lovely rifle.
Almost a duplicate of my Heym 88B in .500 NE. Good price, if I had not bought my lefty version last year I would have jumped on this. Not to mention factory ammo is hard to find.

A fellow lefty needs to go for it. ;)

Good luck

How hard would it be to convert to right handed?
Would cost you $5-$6K for a new stock. Plus the triggers are left handed in that they are offset for left handers and front trigger fires the left barrel first. That you can't do anything about

So far I wish to thank everyone for their comments about my Heym double. I just got back from Africa last week and here is a pic of my Cape Buffalo.

So far I wish to thank everyone for their comments about my Heym double. I just got back from Africa last week and here is a pic of my Cape Buffalo.
Hi Manny, no pic?

Would cost you $5-$6K for a new stock. Plus the triggers are left handed in that they are offset for left handers and front trigger fires the left barrel first. That you can't do anything about
I'm a lefty and I recall Craig Boddington (also a left hander) using a right handed double just fine so I kind of figured the stock was straight and the major difference is the cheekpiece, which is honestly superfluous. So, does left handed double rifle stock have cast like a high end shotguns? If not the major difference is the triggers, and as long as you know which trigger works which barrel you're all good.

Yes Ryan, they have cast. The 'standard' Verney double has more cast than the 'standard' Heym double. A high end double will likely be fitted to the buyer, so it may have more cast than standard.

Well, well, As a Lefty myself, that is one fine double rifle! No such luck finding one on offer our neck of the woods...
True beauty!

I'm a lefty and I recall Craig Boddington (also a left hander) using a right handed double just fine so I kind of figured the stock was straight and the major difference is the cheekpiece, which is honestly superfluous. So, does left handed double rifle stock have cast like a high end shotguns? If not the major difference is the triggers, and as long as you know which trigger works which barrel you're all good.

Cast is left handed cast on for all my lefty double rifles.

What is the length of pull ?

The LOP is 14.75
Cast is (Dims lik 274G little less cast 1/16-1/8)
The gun regulates Hornady ,CEB and Swift A Frames with great consistency and is very accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg