Heym Express Rifle Lead Time Update

Aussie_Hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
I posted a thread a few months ago that I was going to purchase a Heym Express and was just trying to decide on which calibre to go with. I finally made my decision and when I went back to the Australian Importer of Heym last week to confirm pricing and lead time, I was quoted a lead time of 2 years. All though I'm not really comfortable with that I was still going to place an order. Spoke to the importer again today and the lead time has now blown out to 4 years . Story is, an importer in Africa (I'm assuming SA) placed a "large" order for the express rifles.

Obviously good news for Heym and Heym owners, it shows with that much demand that Heym are doing all the right things, makes it hard for us wanna be Heym owners though. So at the moment I think I'm going to have to pass on the Heym, I was willing to except 2 years but not 4 years that's far too long for me.

I posted a thread a few months ago that I was going to purchase a Heym Express and was just trying to decide on which calibre to go with. I finally made my decision and when I went back to the Australian Importer of Heym last week to confirm pricing and lead time, I was quoted a lead time of 2 years. All though I'm not really comfortable with that I was still going to place an order. Spoke to the importer again today and the lead time has now blown out to 4 years . Story is, an importer in Africa (I'm assuming SA) placed a "large" order for the express rifles.

Obviously good news for Heym and Heym owners, it shows with that much demand that Heym are doing all the right things, makes it hard for us wanna be Heym owners though. So at the moment I think I'm going to have to pass on the Heym, I was willing to except 2 years but not 4 years that's far too long for me.
What caliber are you looking at?
You can find barely used Heym Express in most common calibers, quite frequently on auctions, gun websites, etc.

you could get a specced out version for less than the base version new and without the 4 year wait

Updated with the change from Heym 88b --> Heym express

This one is in Belgium:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.30.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.30.56 AM.png
    471.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.30.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 9.30.58 AM.png
    401.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Yeah correct Martini Express. So the final decision I made is I would sell both my Kimber 458 Lott and my Rigby SSB 450 Rigby and buy a Heym in 450 Rigby. The Kimber is scoped and the Rigby is open sights only so I thought a Heym would be the way to go that way I can have the scope and open sights option in one rifle and 450 Rigby because it's my favorite big calibre.

More than happy to try and import one from somewhere but importation into Australia is a nightmare, not easy and costs a fortune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.