Heym bolt action in 375 H&H

Oklahoma Dave

Reaction score
My local gun shop has a Heym bolt action in 375 H&H. Has great wood, 26” barrel and an excellent trigger. I did not get the model number but the rifle looked and felt great. For $1,250, can I really go wrong making this purchase?

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
My local gun shop has a Heym bolt action in 375 H&H. Has great wood, 26” barrel and an excellent trigger. I did not get the model number but the rifle looked and felt great. For $1,250, can I really go wrong making this purchase?

It is possible. Get the model number and some pictures to share here. Several people on AH have purchased Heym rifles and can possibly help.

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
Heym makes a great product and will likely still warranty the rifle for the life of the rifle. if your concerned you could email Heym and ask them about the gun.

-matt

colorado

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Look through a bore scope, work the action and dry fire it. It sounds like a total steal to me

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Depends on the model. If its one of those model 2000 or 3000 Heym rifles made for Mauser, maybe look it over closely. I had a Mauser (Heym) 2000 once in 7x64 and it was a big disappointment. The floorplate parts are pot metal and break easily. The front sight barrel band likewise, pot metal. If its based on the 98 action or something other than the 2-3000 series, should be good. Do your due diligence.

One Day...

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.huntershillsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Hunted
Europe, America, Canada, Africa
I am with TOBY458! If it is a Heym Express Martini, consider murder justified in order to get it for $1,250. The same applies to the pre Martini-redesign Heym Express. They are bulky but indestructible. Don't dream, it is not a Heym Express pre or post Martini, if the shop knows anything about firearms (which not always the case)...

I am with sestoppelman too! The model 3000 is nothing to write home about...

Last possibility: model SR 20 or contemporary derivation. Solid repeaters, but push feed...

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
I hope the OP hasn't posted because he's out shooting his new Heym.

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
I own a Hyem built push feed Mauser in375 H & H. They were made cheaply so they could compete with the likes of Winchester and Remington. It does have some "soft" parts as stated, but I don't plan on beating it up. Mine is pushing 50 years old and still very accurate.

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe

Bullhunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Different nature, sport and shooting organisations
If it has the caliber .375 HH (and then it is original, have a look at the stamps and the engraving on the barrel / system), it can not be an modell 2000 or 3000. It must be an SR 20, push feed yes, but great rifle also. If the condition is "good", it is an great deal for 1200 US dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GladisMedi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh