Heym bolt action in 375 H&H

Oklahoma Dave

Reaction score
My local gun shop has a Heym bolt action in 375 H&H. Has great wood, 26” barrel and an excellent trigger. I did not get the model number but the rifle looked and felt great. For $1,250, can I really go wrong making this purchase?

My local gun shop has a Heym bolt action in 375 H&H. Has great wood, 26” barrel and an excellent trigger. I did not get the model number but the rifle looked and felt great. For $1,250, can I really go wrong making this purchase?

It is possible. Get the model number and some pictures to share here. Several people on AH have purchased Heym rifles and can possibly help.

Heym makes a great product and will likely still warranty the rifle for the life of the rifle. if your concerned you could email Heym and ask them about the gun.

-matt

Look through a bore scope, work the action and dry fire it. It sounds like a total steal to me

Depends on the model. If its one of those model 2000 or 3000 Heym rifles made for Mauser, maybe look it over closely. I had a Mauser (Heym) 2000 once in 7x64 and it was a big disappointment. The floorplate parts are pot metal and break easily. The front sight barrel band likewise, pot metal. If its based on the 98 action or something other than the 2-3000 series, should be good. Do your due diligence.

I am with TOBY458! If it is a Heym Express Martini, consider murder justified in order to get it for $1,250. The same applies to the pre Martini-redesign Heym Express. They are bulky but indestructible. Don't dream, it is not a Heym Express pre or post Martini, if the shop knows anything about firearms (which not always the case)...

I am with sestoppelman too! The model 3000 is nothing to write home about...

Last possibility: model SR 20 or contemporary derivation. Solid repeaters, but push feed...

I hope the OP hasn't posted because he's out shooting his new Heym.

I own a Hyem built push feed Mauser in375 H & H. They were made cheaply so they could compete with the likes of Winchester and Remington. It does have some "soft" parts as stated, but I don't plan on beating it up. Mine is pushing 50 years old and still very accurate.

If it has the caliber .375 HH (and then it is original, have a look at the stamps and the engraving on the barrel / system), it can not be an modell 2000 or 3000. It must be an SR 20, push feed yes, but great rifle also. If the condition is "good", it is an great deal for 1200 US dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindiac

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg