Hey from St Louis

Welcome to AH, the best African website ever- great info and great people.

One book I would recommend is "The Perfect Shot: Mini Edition for Africa" by Kevin Robertson. This book is 4"x6" in size and is basically the African shooting bible. Describes many of the common animals, kill zones, animal skeletons and shot placement.

Fits nicely in your day pack.

Best of luck on your hunt !
Thanks for the recommendation, I’ve ordered the hardcover of that book but having the mini edition would probably be good idea too. Much easier to travel with I’m sure.

Thanks, you too. I still have a few more years for work and have to wait till jr is grown but I'm working on it. Arkansas is nice, not too $$ and tons of good hunting.
Yea your right about Arkansas, went there for my honeymoon and it was a really cool place. While not as jaw dropping as the Rocky Mountains in Colorado I think I would prefer to live in the Ouachita mountains of Arkansas. Less of an extreme environment and just as beautiful. The Eminence Mo area would be a place to look into too. Lands still cheaper in southern MO and that area is awesome.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome @Drywaller44 - have fun planning the hunt! A 7mm is plenty for all the plains game. I used a 30-06 first trip and a 270 my second trip - premium bullet and good placement.
I used to live in STL - now I’m in cape Girardeau. Only thing I miss are the restaurants.

Yea your right about Arkansas, went there for my honeymoon and it was a really cool place. While not as jaw dropping as the Rocky Mountains in Colorado I think I would prefer to live in the Ouachita mountains of Arkansas. Less of an extreme environment and just as beautiful. The Eminence Mo area would be a place to look into too. Lands still cheaper in southern MO and that area is awesome.
I want a place with lots of pigs running around. Endless free food

I recently took a job on the Illinois side of St Louis as well. I have a home in mid missouri in Columbia as well as one in Swansea IL now as well. Stl is a sports town for sure and I have enjoyed going to Blues games and Cardinals games much more frequently. There are several great food options especially on The Hill. Im originally from Washington State and would put St Louis above Seattle in my book.

I’m in STL also, count me in on the drinks!!
STL AH party?! I'm down haha... Also I'm a member at the gun club in Maryville. They have a nice archery range and a 300 yard rifle range if anyone in the area needs a place to sight in or whatever PM me, I'd be happy to take you.

Cheers

STL AH party?! I'm down haha... Also I'm a member at the gun club in Maryville. They have a nice archery range and a 300 yard rifle range if anyone in the area needs a place to sight in or whatever PM me, I'd be happy to take you.

Cheers
I’m down too!

Reactions: 503
Hi guys. Drywaller44, Jeff505 and I are meeting for dinner and drinks next Tue at 5:30 at Syberg’s. Corner of I 270 and Dorsett Road. Let me know if you’re able to join us. Ya’ll come!

Hi guys. Drywaller44, Jeff505 and I are meeting for dinner and drinks next Tue at 5:30 at Syberg’s. Corner of I 270 and Dorsett Road. Let me know if you’re able to join us. Ya’ll come!
I’m usually working until 8 PM but I may be able to move some things around if you have room for me as well? :)

Welcome to AH, I am going to be hunting with Game4Safaris this September for buffalo. Afton Safari Lodge is a great place to overnight before you fly from JNB over to Port Elizabeth. They will also handle your gun permit. Here is something to know......when you fly from the US to South Africa, you put your ammo in your checked bag. Then, once you get to JNB, you will take the ammo out and it will go from JNB to PE as it's own luggage, so buy yourself a little Pelican case. I think mine is Model 1200. It has 2 holes for locks. My electric outlet converter has 2 USB ports, that is helpful too. Enjoy the wonderful process of planning a trip to Africa!!!

Welcome to AH, I am going to be hunting with Game4Safaris this September for buffalo. Afton Safari Lodge is a great place to overnight before you fly from JNB over to Port Elizabeth. They will also handle your gun permit. Here is something to know......when you fly from the US to South Africa, you put your ammo in your checked bag. Then, once you get to JNB, you will take the ammo out and it will go from JNB to PE as it's own luggage, so buy yourself a little Pelican case. I think mine is Model 1200. It has 2 holes for locks. My electric outlet converter has 2 USB ports, that is helpful too. Enjoy the wonderful process of planning a trip to Africa!!!
Thanks for the advice and the lodge recommendation. Good luck on your hunt would like to hear how it goes for ya when you get back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross