AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI member
Hunted
Canada, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, US Wyoming, New Zealand, Africa Eastern Cape, Northern Cape, Western Cape, Limpopo, North West
seeing as how we check AH forum as often as possible, looking for a deal that tweeks our interest enough to jump on it, in the hopes that an outfitter out there can read our minds, and what we are looking for....
why couldn't we flip this scenario around, and put out our ''want list'' on the forum, and see what we get offered by the outfitters??
For example, I would love a crocodile, hippo, spotted hyena hunt, with 2-4 night drives mixed in...why couldn't I put that out there, and if an outfitter has those animals available for hunting, he could contact me with the number of days required, and the cost he could do it for.
To me that would seem a lot better than just watching most of the hunt postings, that are geared towards a first or possibly second time Africa hunter.
Agree or disagree???

I thought that could be done now? Am I wrong?

I thought that could be done now? Am I wrong?

I went ''hunting'' around the AH forum site, and it looks like you are correct....there is a Hunts WANTED section...so it looks like my great idea has already been discovered...LOL

"Hunts OFFERED or WANTED Worldwide"

It is all in the name!

Do use it, some do so with the exact same intent.

The nice thing about a posted offer is that other members review it as well.

Have fun.

I went ''hunting'' around the AH forum site, and it looks like you are correct....there is a Hunts WANTED section...so it looks like my great idea has already been discovered...LOL

;) LOL

Good thought though. Its probably the least used hunt planning feature of AH.

Good thought though. Its probably the least used hunt planning feature of AH.

If my time was more flexible I would be much more likely to do this too. I would think it would be a great way to find out about last minute opportunities that might not be posted for whatever reason. I'm going to be SO broke when I retire.... :)

I have already spent my kids inheritance, they have been quick to inform me...LOL....thank gawd these places in RSA don't take credit cards too easily....hahaha!!
I just tried a ''hunt wanted'' in the forum, so I am hoping this may be interesting...

True on the broke now!!!!

I need more time as well as more money!!!!

there are some good deals out there right now on British Airways to J'burg...under $1500 or Premium Economy for $2200....this is from my area tho of course, so could be different for others.

there are some good deals out there right now on British Airways to J'burg...under $1500 or Premium Economy for $2200....this is from my area tho of course, so could be different for others.

That is a good deal.... I just booked my flights for Zim in August a couple of weeks ago and if i remember correctly the Atlanta to joberg portion of the trip was $1900 or there abouts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!