Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Australia/NZ
Hunted
USA, New Zealand, Namibia, Spain
I've read the CDC site for the countries I'll be visiting and have the recommended vaccinations including one that's not needed, but since I'll be very very close to the border where it is needed I went ahead and got the extra vaccination.

But, what about Hep-B the only reason to get it is if there is blood involved. Cuts and scratches one covers with a bandaid are not a concern. I've read on here and seen some videos of injuries that will require some quick medical attention and stitching up of wounds with lots of blood. The body can loose quite a bit of blood and it still not be a concern before the blood has to be supplemented. So, my question is: What is the recommendation for Hep-B vaccination. Is it needed?

country life I would get hept A and hept B if I were you. Get started on the B ASAP as it is a series of 3 and last one I think is 6 months out. Hept B can be in all bodily fluids not just blood and can live on surfaces longer than the AIDS virus can. So I would advise both even if not going to Africa. Usually county health dept stock more vacinations than your MD and are cheaper FYI.

country life I would get hept A and hept B if I were you. Get started on the B ASAP as it is a series of 3 and last one I think is 6 months out. Hept B can be in all bodily fluids not just blood and can live on surfaces longer than the AIDS virus can. So I would advise both even if not going to Africa. Usually county health dept stock more vacinations than your MD and are cheaper FYI.

Excellent advice. I would only add that Hep B is given in a series of 3 to ensure it's maximum effectiveness. It's possible that it will take effect on the first dose, but the series of 3 ensures the maximum chances. Even if you are inside that 6-month window, I would still get at least one or two parts of the series. Something is better than nothing.

It's also a good idea to get a tetanus booster for Africa if you have not had one in the last 5 years.

I spoke with my GP.... he had family hunt Africa extensively over the last 50 years... he suggested & gave me the Heps. Not suggesting a risky lifestyle. However, if over there & eat uncooked meat, in accident & need blood transfusions, etc. he said it’s worth getting. So I did, I trusted his judgment. Then again... he prescribed me Larium.... #nottaken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross