Hendershots or Superior Ammunition

Travis2282

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Was looking at these 2 companies for loading ammo for my 375HH and maybe my 300 win. Does anyone have any bad or good experience with either? It seems 375HH is getting harder to find these days!

I believe that @Red Leg is a regular and long time user of Hendershots for custom made ammo. Contact him with any specific questions.

I used Hendershots back in 2015 for my 375 Ruger. I had 300gr A Frames and 300 gr TSX loaded. There were no issues and the ammo preformed as expected.

I used superior when I first bought my 375 to make me some reduced recoil loads. Ammo was fine, but prices were extremely high. My gunsmith now reloads for me at less than half the price of superior. Depending how much you’d like to shoot, you might want to look into that option if you can find someone.

I had a tedious experience with Superior years ago (forgotten order, slow communications, etc. etc). I have used Hendershot’s extensively on everything from .300 H&H to 500/416 for over a decade (to include load development for a .318 WR and several doubles. Lance is the best in the business.

I've used Hendershots to load for my 404 Jeff. I would definitely recommend them

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.47.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.47.03 AM.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 145
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.47.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.47.06 AM.png
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 98
I've used Hendershot's for 338 WM and 375 Ruger, loading Swift A-Frames and I have been very happy with them. Very accurate in both and a bit higher velocity than Swift factory ammo.

I use Hendershots to load the ammunition for my VC .470NE. They are wonderful people to work with. They really took care of someone that knew nothing about what he was doing. @Red Leg provided the wise suggestion that I use them.(y)(y)(y)

Check out reeds ammo. They have a 300 gr. TSX load for $57. Hendershots has the same load listed for $99. Both claim 2500 fps.

I bought some 350 gr. SP 458wm ammo from them and the first time shooting the rifle at 50 yds. and off sticks I was getting 5/8-3/4" groups.

They've been good to deal with as well. They also say to contact them for any load you don't see listed. My 458 is norma brass.

Last edited:
Superior did great for me both times I used them. Second time I got their box with 4 or so different loads, bought more of the one that shot best. Never used the other vendor.

Used superior for load work up on my 7mm stw back when brass was impossible to find. Had a good experience with them. Still using the load they came up with in that rifle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisa56S81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.