AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Europe

green-hills-of-africa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
its a great read! Not sure how good of a listen!

Its ok on tape Im not a huge fan of the book, but I have listened to it several times while driving. The part that bothers me is he is never happy for the other people on the trip when they shoot something.

-for those who haven't read it I would like to suggest Jim Corbetts man eaters of Kumon

Thriller. Agree. I have a small boxed set of Corbett's books from Safari Press and I take them wherever I am working. Never tire of reading them

Its ok on tape Im not a huge fan of the book, but I have listened to it several times while driving. The part that bothers me is he is never happy for the other people on the trip when they shoot something.

-for those who haven't read it I would like to suggest Jim Corbetts man eaters of Kumon

It's the obsession of the hunter his fear that he is not good enough ....his situation of being in camp with people we would not normally wish to spend time with ...indeed knowing as he did he had weeks and a tight deadline to leave due to the rains .....and Kudu does something to a hunter .....I have only culled them but ...They do something to you .....so its a story about obsession ...which we all as hunters have touched upon ......

In the book he pretty much gets mad every time Carl shoots something better than him, he just comes off as a bad sport to me.

Perhaps the greatest hunting book ever written.

I listened to it.... I enjoyed it. There are a few more that are good also..... True at First light, snows of Kilimanjaro, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you