Help needed with PSE mach 6!!

keegangobey

Reaction score
Media
Hey Guys

I am interested in buying a PSE mach 6 compound bow. I know it is a very old bow but it is still in very good condition and is going cheap! And was wondering if anyone could give me any info on this bow??? I know it is currently set at 87lbs!

any info will help out.
Thanx
Keegan

I had one before the PSE bow madness I use now.It has a good valley to settle into and smooth to draw,but noisy.It isn't nearly the bow that you can get now new.If it's all you can afford it will be fine.

As providerrick says.
It is rather noisy and not as good as the newer bows.
But plenty good enough for hunting still.
If you are not going to hunt animals that are very skittish and often jump the string, it will work fine.
If you have never owned a bow before, I think starting with 87 lbs is not so smart to develop good form and shooting.

I will tell you this, if you have shot the bow and you like everything about it, then yes buy it, but if you do not like the feel of the bow in your hand, the way it draws, holds or shoots then I would suggest looking elsewhere for a bow. I will tell anyone that is looking to buy a bow to shoot as many different makes and models as you can all set up the same and let the bow choose you. If you do not like anything about a particular bow, then you will probably not like shooting it very much and not be as accurate with it as you could. Confidence in your equipment and your ability to use that equipment goes a long ways to being a proffecient hunter.

Hey Guys

I am interested in buying a PSE mach 6 compound bow. I know it is a very old bow but it is still in very good condition and is going cheap! And was wondering if anyone could give me any info on this bow??? I know it is currently set at 87lbs!

any info will help out.
Thanx
Keegan

I have an older PSE, got it some 15 years ago or thereabouts. It's fast but it flat out would not tune. It was accurate at 40 yards or further. But inside of that the arrow was just not stable. I tried everything with multiple trips to the shop to get that thing to shoot. Was it good enough to hunt with? Yes, but it always drove me nuts that I could shoot my old Martin I got in like 1987 more accurately inside 40 yards than that PSE. My point being is that I didn't have the confidence and now own a Hoyt.

I know it's going cheap, but you don't have to go to a $1000 setup to get a good shooting bow. My Hoyt is a TurboHawk (don't think they're called that anymore). The only difference between it and the next bow up at $300 plus was the riser. At a very modest 65lbs it's still shooting in the 270fps range or thereabouts. At hunting range that's plenty fast. And most importantly it's accurate.

I second the thought about 87lbs! That's very heavy, perhaps you have the arms for it, but you might be surprised at just how quickly you'd tire out at the range shooting it.

Not meaning to discourage you, just wanting to give you a few things to think about. If in the end you can shoot it accurately and it's all you can afford, then have at it.

With the advent of modern technology and how far archery has come I would rather suggest you look at buying a new or at least newer bow, the Mach 6 was great at it's time, but for the money these days you can get a great many bows that will out shoot it. Rather spend the cash on a new set up than spend all the time, money and energy on such an old bow.

I agree with the comments made on the 87lb set up for a beginner, but that same 87lbs intrigues me.

Thanx for the comments guys! i am a bowhunter and have a 70lbs bow. was just interested because the newer bows are 4 times the price i can get the PSE for! but going to shoot and loo at the bow again this week to weigh up my options!!
Thanx for the help!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuigrande

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross